A Highly Used App That Isn't A Game Or Social Media?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by onliner • Feb 24, 2017.

1. onliner

onlinerNew Member

Threads:
    In recent years, apps have become one of the most used utilities especially with the advent of the different mobile platforms (IOS, Android, Windows, etc) and the internet.

This diverse mobile platforms have specific places for the downloading of the various apps that suit their operation.For instance, we have the the google play store specifically for Android devices and the Apple Store for IOS devices.

Some apps especially games and social media have had a lion's share of most of the downloads across all the major platforms. This is despite the fact that there are different apps that can be used to perform tasks or generating income.

This begs the question, is it really possible to have an app that is not a game or social to come on top the list with most downloads? It do you know any app that has done so?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you have a point there. There are many music apps, banking apps and apps for education and online earning purposes that may be an answer to your question.

I am an Android user and I use several such apps. As a maker of an app one has to think who would be your target groups and how useful will your app be to them.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    From what I know, Netflix is not a game and it's app is doing well. Video streaming apps like Netflix,Crunchy Roll and iflix does well on Google appstore.