A Salon And Spa Gift Certificate

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by gracer • Aug 19, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone! :)

I am planning on giving a gift certificate for a salon and spa service for a friend of mine who's birthday is just around the corner. It's my first time to give this kind of certificate as a gift though so I'm curious if you guys have ever given one and what the reaction of your recipient was. I don't have any other intentions but to give a gift for someone who's having a birthday but I know that for some people, receiving this kind of gift can also somehow serve as an insult because they would think they badly need a makeover that's why they're receiving such a gift.

I on the other hand would be thankful if I receive one of course because it would be a chance for me to pamper myself for free.

So what do you think about this? What would you feel if you receive a gift certificate from a friend for a day at the salon and spa?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love a gift card and I doubt people would be offended. They can use it for treatments, a hair cut (if they do it) or on products so it's not about makeovers. Most only do bridal makeup even if they do offer lessons. I would choose somewhere where the treatments are affordable if she has to pay the difference, and also a place where there is more choice.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I like getting them as long as its a salon I visit frequently or its for a treatment I would normally get. If its not, then I actually don't like getting them. Another thing to consider if the person wouldn't normally treat themselves to it, it may be a bad idea because they will usually have to tip, which can get quite pricey.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I probably wouldn't give one for a make over, but an open ended one that allows them to choose a product or service sounds nice. I think a lot of people would enjoy something like that. The advice everyone else offered is good. I would try to make sure they didn't have to come out of pocket, or at least not by much.

I wanted to do this for someone, but instead I decided to get her a gift certificate for a massage. That's a nice gift too, and sometimes, you can get one on special offer. It even came with a pretty card and envelope.

I also enjoy receiving these, so feel free to send me either one! ;)

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that helps me relax is great to me. I don't even care if the person is trying to say something rude. If it's free and it benefits me, by all means, go and buy me one of those gifts. Not that I'd think like that on first impression. Although not everyone thinks like me. There are some people that are easily offended. I think it's up to you to judge them and figure out what kind of person they are.