A truly good cause, our kids!

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by Shell323 • Mar 13, 2014.

1. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I found a site called donorschoose.org. The site allows you to look at projects that teachers are trying to do in their classroom, books they need, supplies, etc. that donors can help support. It allows you to choose how much you would like to donate, and tells you the type of poverty level the school deals with. The other part that I thought was really cool was that the site gives you the option of donating an extra 15% on top of your donation to the teacher in order to help support the site, but does not make it manditory. I have always donated that extra percent because it usually works out to be a few extra cents or a dollar at most if I'm donating a smaller amount. I would suggest checking it out because I think it's a worthy cause with so many of our education systems having their funding cut.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking into it as I type. I love a good cause that supports school fundraising. I hope it turns out great.

3. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    That is a great cause and something that I would definitely give money to. Right now I try to donate what I can to my own children's school because I know that they struggle and are a low income school.

4. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    That is a very worthy cause. We are raising three kids right now and unfortunately do not have money to give, however I am looking for charit's where I can donate my time to, and really want to focus on kids. I think this sounds like a wonderful cause.