Aflac

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by ad.mike2016 • Aug 20, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016New Member

Threads:
    About two years ago an Aflac representative came into my work and gave a presentation about the three different types of coverage they have. They offer accident insurance, illness insurance, and cancer insurance. The accident insurance is much like car insurance except for you body, if you break a leg you get money to cover bills, groceries, etc. The illness insurance pays out when you get sick, and the cancer insurance does the same with cancer. I signed up for the accident and illness insurance as it was only 20 dollars before taxes which equates to about 10 dollars after taxes. Over the winter I got the flu and was out of work for two weeks. Aflac actually came through and paid out a good amount of money to cover lost wages, bills, groceries, etc. I even got 60 bucks for going to that doctors to cover my copay. The whole process was pretty painless and I am pretty happy I signed up for the coverage awhile back, stuff like this is usually scammy if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had any experience with Aflac?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I applied for and was accepted for a position before, and I was surprised to see that they offered Aflac. Back then, it wasn't nearly as well known as it is now, so it took me aback, and seemed odd. I didn't end up taking the position after all, but I still remember it, because it's the only company I ever applied at that offered Aflac. I do love their commercials, and actually follow the duck on Twitter. Now that I know a bit more about it, it seems like a decent alternative to the standard type of insurance offered by most companies.