After Christmas Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Diane Lane • Dec 21, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the rush to purchase everything ahead of Christmas, a lot of people forget that there are also some great sales after the holidays, and some of them start the day of the holiday. I had to pull out the battery on my phone the other day to reset the device, and I realized I have a slower SD card in it, so I think I will put that on my shopping list for after Christmas. I should have a little fun money by then to make that small purchase, and it will improve the performance of my phone.

A lot of families are busy these days, and don't get to see all of their family members and friends by the day of Christmas, but plan to meet up the last week of the year, or sometimes even after New Year's. If that's the case, you could take advantage of the after Christmas sales and put off purchasing a few of those gifts, and save some money.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You remind me that we are slated to hunt for a new laptop in January in the hope of getting a good bargain. Yeah, after-Christmas sale is a good opportunity for shoppers. In fact, we bought our Ford Escape in 2013 which was priced low as an after-Christmas sale of the dealer. We saved $2,000 from the price although it was a model 2012. But still, it’s a good deal. Now for January of 2017, some of the items in my list aside from the laptop is the dash camera and a new digital camera for me.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am not seeing most of my relatives until New Years, so I am going to take advantage of some after Christmas sales to buy stocking stuffers, since I sent their main gifts already.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too will be taking advantage of after Christmas sales. I'll need Christmas cards, miniature nutcracker preferable a wooden one and other things I'll need for Christmas or New Years. We celebrate New Years with special things like Kadomatsu, mochi, mizuna and other things so I'll be out and about after Christmas hunting down all the sales. I love sales!

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Yay for after Christmas sales! On the last weeks of January until supply runs out, hams here are priced either at 50% off or buy 1-take 1 and that's when we buy our ham. I also buy shoes and socks for my son from January to March as there are real bargains in major malls. This is also the best time to buy household items as stores would normally want to clear their warehouse of excess Christmas stocks. I don't mind waiting until the holidays are through to buy household stuff as there are great savings to be had during post-Christmas sales.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    If you use your imagination a bit, you can take it a step further. You can buy holiday items that can be used for everyday as well. I've bought things like holiday pillows super cheap and just recovered them, which turned out cheaper than buying pillow forms or stuffing to cover for throw pillows. I'm hoping to pick some up this year to actually use as holiday pillows for next year, if I can find some.

I also like to pick up cheap packages of that fiber fill tree skirt stuff. That works great for making pillows and quilts and stuff, and it's super cheap since it's packaged for Christmas. I also like to get wrapping paper for a fraction of the cost to save for the next year.

This is also the perfect time for shopping for clothes and stuff. There are many bargains to be had at post holiday sales.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting how things could be gotten a lot cheaper at after Christmas saes. I have heard about this form of purchasing aimed at getting items cheaper but yet to leverage on it. I hope be lucky to get cheap stuffs by January as I look to buying household properties after this Yuletide.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The candy canes and Christmas lights are usually extremely cheap. You can get a pack of fruit flavored candy canes for less than a dollar after Christmas then you can use that as a gift for the kids. Anything relating to Christmas becomes ridiculously cheap and you can take that time to purchase decoration and gifts for the next time.

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Some people actually wait until after Christmas to do their Christmas shopping. We did this one year with our kids. They all wanted new clothes and things, so we got them a little something for Christmas Day, just so they would have something to unwrap. Then, we all went for a shopping spree and hit up all the sales.

They got way more clothes than they would have if they had decided not to wait. Plus, they enjoyed being able to pick stuff out and try it on. We had a fun day as a family, and we got a lot for the money we spent. It's definitely worth considering. With four kids, it made a huge difference.

I also used to buy their winter coats for the next year at these sales. I'd buy a size bigger and save it for the next winter. I often got coats and jackets for just a few dollars each.

10. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    It's funny, but a lot of this rushing around serves a good purpose. It is, in fact, the best time to purchase Holiday items----right after the Holidays!!!!! Or in the summer time, that works too! I have always bought items for next year's Christmas right after this year's Christmas! It's just smart spending and intelligent saving as a whole. You can't go wrong either way you do it.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got a good bargain on a website glitch. The gift boxes were supposed to by up to half price so I was quite happy to see them reduced from £20 to £6, and ordered 3. Later on in the day the price was £14 as the computer person had got it wrong! It was supposed to be £6 off and not priced at £6, so hopefully they will still honor the price.

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to those after Christmas sales really, as I didn't get my phone precisely because I am expecting the prices to drop. I don't know if that will happen in the specific model I want, but it's worth trying. I believe most of the sales happen when they have a large stock on unsold Christmas items though.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I want to go direct to your problem of having a slow SD card. Technically speaking, SD card doesn't make the mobile phone poor performance of your mobile phone. It is the system of phone itself. Heavy files stored in your SD card could be removed or deleted and transferred to another storage you have either in Google Drive, DropBox, Clouds Storage or whatever. And then to improved the performance of your phone, you have also to clean it with CCleaner. I am sure your phone is loaded with a big or bulky files particularly videos and images. You better get rid of them and store to somewhere else and free your phone's memory to a recommended size.