After season sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Melissast • Sep 4, 2014.

1. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Do you buy things at the start of a certain holiday or do you wait until the season is over and the items go on sale? For example do you buy decorations for Halloween or Christmas when they show up or after the season is over. You can get some really good deals if you wait. I usually wait and then store the stuff I want in a tote to take it out next year. The things I probably would not store up from sales or candy or any food item I wouldn't go as far as trying to give some Halloween candy from two Halloweens ago.

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy stuff for the following year during the after season sales. It is a lot cheaper and I can just store it until the following year. I even do this when Christmas shopping. I but my things during the year for Christmas.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I buy during and after season but as much as possible I only buy what's necessary in season like gifts. I buy things for myself and for the house after season. I love going to inventory sales that are usually on after the Christmas season in January or February. I usually don't do this but after I've found about inventory sales, I discipline myself to just wait for the end-season before buying things for myself. I get to save a lot this way. :)

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love shopping during after season sale periods. They usually offer items for much cheaper on January to get rid of their Christmas stock and considering the discounts during the holidays are already very significant, the added discount during after season is even more enticing. The only thing I don't like about it is that I'm usually tired by the time this season comes around so I almost have to force myself into it, but it's definitely worth it.

5. LSJ-8

LSJ-8New Member

Threads:
    I try to limit my shopping to the after season sales. However, there some things I've come to accept that I may just need to buy during season and pay full price. We have a hard time finding yard sale decorations in the post season. Those always seem to sell out before they go on clearance. The craft stores always have great sales on seasonal items DURING the season. At first, I was shocked to learn this, but as I thought about it, it made sense. Most people do their holiday crafting during the season. I find that this is a great time to pick up seasonal craft items for my kids as high as 70% off.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I have the best luck when I buy items out of season. For example, I find the best summer items during the winter months and vice versa. When it comes to apparel, I typically buy these pieces online because the discounts are awesome when they are out of season. I don't really indulge in the whole after holiday sales because I don't really view them as "sales" per se because the discounts are not significant enough for me to purchase the item. I do want to mention you can get the best decorations, accessories and apparel at small shops in Europe and Asia at great prices via Ebay. If you buy enough items, you get free shipping as well. The only downside is having to pay taxes once they reach American shores.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After season and post holiday sales are my favorites. Sometimes the savings are so good, it's almost ridiculous. I have purchased packages of ornaments for as little as a dime. Ten cents! Who wants to pay full price after the rush of getting such a fantastic deal? Now that you bring it up, I really need to pull out the stuff I bought after Christmas last year to take stock of what I have. It's probably time to pass along some things, since I'm able to keep adding new items to my collection by taking advantage of those after sales.

8. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    Christmas decorations and wrapping paper are some of my favorite things to by at the end of the season. The cost difference is huge. I also know then if I really have the funds to purchase it or not, as the gift giving has been completed. I always have enough decorations and ornaments for the season already, at the end some things may have broken or worn out (like ornaments and lights) so then I also know what I actually need more of at the end of the season, and what I just want because it is pretty.

9. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to holiday decorations, I tend to buy after the season is over with. That way I always have new decorations and I get them for more that half off!! I do that as well with wrapping paper and holiday cards too. Anything I can get at a bargain is the way to go for me, even if you have to wait a little longer it's well worth it!!

Danyel :)