Amazon Prime Or Netflix

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by overcast • Jul 28, 2017.

1. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have got Amazon prime subscription. And it has some decent number of videos and the movies. I don't see much value out of the content. Most of the movies and stuff is bit old. And there isn't much worth in subscription. I am wondering how good is the Netflix in comparison. Do you have more content from the netflix or amazon prime? Have you tried any of them?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have both actually. I love Netflix and have had it for a long time. I only recently gotten Amazon Prime since I became a Prime member for the free shipping and lower prices. I have only checked out the content a few times but they have different TV shows and movies than Netflix. I seen some newer movies on Amazon versus Netflix. I don't watch that many movies anyway but have been watching TV shows on both. I guess it just depends on what type of content you are looking for but I do like Netflix a little better than Prime.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I have both, and I think they are comparable in terms of things to watch. They both have a lot of old content, but they both also do original programming. There is a variety of movies and shows to watch, newer and older, if you really dig in.

Prime also offers a lot more than just stuff to watch for about the same price as you pay for Netflix streaming. Check out all the other benefits. I consider it to be a good value.

The one thing I don't like about Prime is the layout. They make it very difficult to find stuff to watch, which is probably just a way to make you click more pages in hopes that you will buy something while searching for a movie. Netflix makes it much easier to find what you want to view.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Yes both seems to be good with their set of collection. I found out most of the TV released series are coming out on Prime and Netflix rather quickly. You can subscribe to prime for cheap amount though. Plus other benefits of the Prime video follows. I think Netflix is good if you have specific content to watch. I think many people prefer Amazon Prime because it offers other Amazon specific benefit. That's why I got it.

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I just noticed that Netflix had some new stuff, some of which was movies that I planned to rent. So, it seems that they get some of their movies shortly after Redbox is done with them, although I'm uncertain of the exact correlation. I didn't check to see if Amazon also had the same one I had been planning to see, since I just clicked on it when I saw it on Netflix.

It kind of goes in spurts. Sometimes, there is plenty to watch. Sometimes, it seems like there isn't that much that interests me. There is enough there to keep me subscribed though.

6. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have subscribed for Amazon Prime for the free shipping etc. I don't usually watch the stuffs in the prime video. In fact I don't watch any TV shows etc. online, I like to watch them on the TV. I did download some movies in prime video and have not yet figured out how to save them in my sd card. Yes, I did notice that the movies are a bit old and they don't usually have the new movies. But, that's ok I suppose with the low subscription fee.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have both as I like watching movies. With Netflix you pay a monthly subscription but with Amazon Prime it comes out in a chunk once a year. If I was going to cancel one of them I think it would be probably be Prime because I'm not really impressed with their delivery service. When it comes to the videos I don't think there is much in it.

8. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I like (by the way, a lot :D) and use both options (because they are great and very efficient), but... Overall, I think I have a better relationship with Netflix.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have both and I too really hate that Amazon Prime has a lot of old movies and stuffs which are too old to watch. I like them both but I prefer Netflix over Prime in terms of movies and shows. I have Amazon Prime because of the free shipping and services. :)

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix subscription and it's definitely the best thing I've had so far in terms of pay TV. It is very affordable and it has a wide variety of movies and series. It also offers international movies as well. Lots of entertainment for kids too.

11. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    I use both, but I honestly prefer Netflix to Amazon video, and even Hulu over Amazon Video. It seems to have limited options and a lot of the things I try and search for, cost money to watch. I will be keeping my Prime subscription for other uses, but I don't use the streaming aspect much.

12. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that on Amazon Prime as well. They are always trying to sell you more (of course). There was a recent hitch with that when part of a season was show for free and then they tried to charge for the rest of the episodes. I don't know for sure whether or not it was intentional or a mistake, but people went off. There was an outcry until it was all made free.

Also, sometimes you have to double check. Things that are for sale sometimes show up free for Prime if you search again and find it under a different listing.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do not really know all that much about Amazon so I would have to find out more, but I do like my Netflix and have yet to find anything better, so I am not sure. Amazon just strikes me as something where you would end up paying more.

14. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    i would go for netflix i have never tried amazon but i heard it's a bit complicated

15. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    They cost roughly the same, and

The biggest one for most people is free two day shipping on Prime eligible purchases (which is tons of stuff), but there are others as well.

I think it's worth the cost. I have both, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd take Prime.