Amazon Prime

Discussion in Shipping Services started by kingcool52 • May 6, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I recently took the Amazon Prime trial offer and I have to say, it is pretty good. I never really thought of purchasing it but I may now reconsider because I have benefited from it greatly. Even if you don't want Amazon Video it is great as you can get free shipping on anything that Amazon ships. Add to this the fact that delivery most of the time will be next day and it is just amazing. Everything that I have ordered has come either the next day or within 48 hours. The only problem we did have was one item did get delayed but even that came within 3 days which would be the normal delivery time if you didn't use prime. Does anyone else use Prime?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me Amazon prime is not going to work for I rarely buy from Amazon to make free shipping worthwhile. I like the free shipping sites-sometimes I find some of the things I want to buy with free shipping from the company-great. I love free shipping living in Hawaii sites like SwansonVitamins that I buy from all the time has begun to charge 3.99 extra for Hawaii shipping, ouch! But it's still cheaper than the 2 for 1 sales we have at some retail stores, so I buy from SwansoVitamins-too bad they aren't on ebates too, boo hoo. I'm so glad Amazon Prime is working for you!

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have paid for that service and feel I am treated like a vip with free service and prompt delivery. As it is Amazon in is a great online shopping place. Even whatever I do not want gets picked up and instantly either an exchange or refund is arranged

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a member for a couple of months now and I like it. I use the Amazon Video and there are other perks too that I haven't checked into yet. I like the free 2-day shipping and most times you get the products cheaper with Prime. I love saving money and this is a great service that practically pays for itself.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest I haven't been impressed with Prime. My biggest gripe is that a lot of the stuff I buy is not eligible for prime delivery and I find that annoying bearing in mind I am paying for this service. The videos are quite good and I bought a fire stick so I could watch them.

Be careful if you do the trial because they bank on the fact that you will forget to cancel and then start charging you so if you decide you don't want if after all make sure you go online to cancel it.

6. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    It's quite unfortunate that your most desired items aren't eligible for prime delivery, but the service otherwise is quite remarkable and great.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I was talking to a friend yesterday and she told me that she and her husband get Prime free with their bank account. She is with the same bank as I am and I have been there 40 years. I am wondering whether I would be eligible so intend to find out.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have read about that. The bank that gives it free is not my bank. I paid an annual fee. I can watch movies free but the only thing I wanted to know was whether I can continue watching the remaining part of the movie later. Is there a provision for that.

9. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am satisfied with Amazon Prime. Currently it is cheaply available. And in future they may keep Prime video and shipping separate for my region. I am yet to see how that works out. I don't mind paying yearly fee for the content. But as of now there is good enough content on the Amazon. So yeah I have got the shipping free which is bonus.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am a Amazon Prime member, incidentally, this happend because I had a free trial and forgot to cancel at the end of the trial period. I haven't been making use of most of the accompanying benefits that is on offer, however, I am pleased with aspects of the free shipping and the 2 days shipping plan. However, I am not in tune with the combining of different items in order to qualify for free shipping in some instances.