Amazon Vs Ebay

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Vinaya • Jul 9, 2016.

1. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon and eBay are two most popular online shopping destination. Where do you shop more, one Amazon or ebay? I have only bought books on Amazon. Since Amazon does not deliver most of the goods to my home country, I have been restricted to buy in Amazon. On the other hand I can find numerous items which are delivered to my country on ebay. Thus I use ebay more.

2. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Amazon all the way for me. It's much more safe and secure and the product quality is much higher than on eBay.

Nearly everyone can now sell anything on eBay and scam you with it. However, it's an entirely different story with Amazon. A vast majority of sellers on Amazon are "approved" by Amazon which means they can be trusted with the products they sell.

3. JoshSmith

JoshSmithNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon and its not even close. I have been a Amazon Prime member for a few years now and its perfect. I pay a $99 fee each year to have free shipping in 2 days as much as I want. When buying from Ebay the seller decides the shipping cost and that sure can add up in no time when you are buying alot of goods online.

4. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon. Always! The fact is that there is a lot of suspicious activity when it comes to sellers on ebay, and for the most part ebay doesn't seem to care. OTOH Amazon actually gives a damn.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I mostly buy used items, Ebay always is the site I buy most of them from. Of course there usually are some risks involved especially if you are buying from a seller you've never bought anything from in the past.

When buying anything that is new then I'll buy it on Amazon because I have the guarantee that if what I buy is defective or damaged I'll have it replaced fast.

6. Jeanbean

JeanbeanNew Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon! I've bought everything from there to food to home decor to candles! The prices are reasonable and I love me some Prime shipping!!

eBay annoys me. You have to bid and then wait to see if you're bid went through. I do not have time for that.

Amazon lets me purchase whatever I want when I want.

7. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I use both. For selling and buying. I will soon begin a big cleanup project that I will put it all on eBay. The last time I did it I made $100 and the time before that, I made $740. So it's a good way to make money as well as buy things. Amazon is great because I can research the customer reviews and find out the very best items there is offered for what I need. They also have great prices, usually, and they have 2 day free shipping. One thing I don't like about eBay is that shipping. I am spoiled to free shipping. I know you can get some things for free shipping on eBay, but I want the best item for what I need, and free shipping. Which is harder to find on eBay.

8. AplentyofDharma

AplentyofDharmaNew Member

Threads:
    For me is definitely eBay, in there I find items even two or more times cheaper than in my country, also they accept PayPal which give me more confidence when buying, Amazon doesn't even accept PayPal at least not for my country, also I haven't seen a free international shipping in Amazon, and their prices are much higher compared to what I have found on eBay, so at least for me that I don't live in North America or Europe, is best to buy through eBay, low prices, frequently free international shipping, and PayPal buyer's protection that's why I would say eBay way better.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always choose eBay over Amazon. I can find almost everything on eBay and definitely can't say the same for Amazon. The prices are always always better with the exception of some books I've needed. Bidding sucks, but I always win lol and reading reviews and keeping an eye on ratings has kept me safe from scams. I've been using eBay for many years and haven't had a problem :)

10. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    You're right about that, Amazon gives a damn. I can't stand ebay, I never shop there. I feel like it's an online bootleg shop. I don't mean to knock it, but I think the standard that ebay has set for it's sellers is weak. People are at ore of a risk to losing money on ebay than Amazon.

Plus Amazon cares about everything that it does. They are a unique company, and focus on the consumer. They care about us, and because of that, they will always have my business. 95% plus of my online shopping is done on Amazon, and I have never had a problem with any shipment.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my experience, I have had more issues with Amazon than I have with Ebay. I have never had any issues with Ebay, the prices are cheaper, and the shipping times are prompt. Never have to wait longer than three or two days for a product to arrive, but I usually make sure I am ordering from a seller who lives in the UK where I do.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I compare both when im deciding and while eBay does have its scams, I can usually find an honest seller with the same, legit product. Amazon, not so much. Maybe you're more protected, I don't know, but I have been scammed on Amazon and I've decided against purchasing more times than not because of seller dishonesty or lack of communication about the product when I have my doubts.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes too. I will often go to Amazon first, because in my mind the site seems more legitimate than Ebay does, even though I know that is more of a mental thing that has more to do with me than the two sites. And if the price on there is too expensive, I will seek out the same product on Ebay. You have been scammed on Amazon? In what way?

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Expired and/or opened product. They must get amazing deals on things that shouldn't be sold.

15. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    It just depends. If it it something I do not mind buying used, then I will check out eBay and see if they have any listings of the item I need, that will end soon, or things that do not have a ton of bids or watchers.. If I cant find a great deal on eBay, then I will buy new from amazon.

16. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    Though I have not shopped much online still whatever may I buy, amazon is my only preference always.

17. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    I personally tend to shop more on Amazon, because in my opinion, Amazon is better for things that are new, and is better for things such as CDs and books. While I suppose that Ebay has these things too, I think of it more as a site for old collectables and used items. I doubt that they have the collection of books and CDs that I'm looking for. Ebay is better for, like, a lot of items or things that you couldn't find brand new.

18. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon’s commission and FBA fees work out substantially higher than eBay’s, but a vendor sells so much more on Amazon that makes more money overall compared to selling though eBay.

19. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I used Amazon to buy new things. Ebay is great to buy old or used things because the quality can't really be guaranteed. I used them equally though I find it's easier to find things on Amazon. I kind of think the search engine on Ebay is outdated because it's really hard to find exactly what you want because it's in the wrong category. Amazon is better for when you don't know the exact name of the product but you know what it is.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Ebay is so much cheaper than Amazon and I find that they have a lot of free shipping deals. The only thing that I like about Amazon is that they ship things directly to users and you know that the products will be of a certain quality level. Ebay just connects you will sellers. I think people pay for that quality on Amazon.