Amazon Vs Ebay

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Vinaya • Jul 9, 2016.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I will choose ebay even though I know that sometimes the products from ebay are cheaper in quality. But they you get what you pay. If you paid $5 for bikini, you will obviously get a low quality product, which is lower than the $20 bikini on Amazon, however, you must also consider pricing. $5 is far low than $20.

2. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have dealt with both and I am most comfortable with Amazon. They are prompt not just in terms of shipping but also attending to any complaints that I may make. Even refunds are prompt. Sometimes they do not even want those items that I have complained about, to be returned.
    They have a wide range of products and their site is easy to maneuver

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Recently I have been using ebay for my purchases. I just like using my paypal on it, it makes the process much easier and most of the items I find on there are a bit cheaper. But I do use Amazon from time to time.

4. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    @NickJonathan98@NickJonathan98 Well I don't shop on either one. I shop
    on hsn.com, qvc.com, and evine.com because I don't always have the money
    and you get to make monthly payments.
    And you get your item after you make your
    first payment.

#44Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @NinetyEighty1@NinetyEighty1 I didn't quite know much about buying at eBay I had thought that it was cheaper getting stuffs at Amazon. Well going through the discussions I can see that ebay is really another great site for shopping. I am yet to do buying on ebay especially for the fact that I don't often do online purchases.

#45Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  6. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    know for sure Amazon is far safer and has more to offer. But I shop more on eBay because of Amazon's shipping rates to my area. Sometimes an item will be at a decent price, but the shipping will cost me more than the item. I know they have Prime, but I can't have Prime right now. Besides, some things I find cheaper on eBay, and I've never had a problem. You just have to be careful where you shop.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Since I live in Asia, the fee for ordering items from Amazon is quite high. So I just order the item from Ebay most of the time, since if you order from Chinese sellers then the shipping is already free. So far I have only paid as much as £5 on shipping, I orcdered the item from the UK. I don't know why shipping fees from the US are so expensive, like $25 or more.

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    My purchase experience is good on both websites. But the delivery experience from the Ebay is not that good. I have found that Amazon is very focused and caring about the product delivery. In case of the ebay, you'd find that it is not much giving you options to choose. And also the people who ship through ebay are extremely cheap delivery service provider. I think that is where things have gone bad.

9. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I am not really sure, both are fine for me but I don't do online shopping that much after all. Since in our country it is not developed very well, at least not yet so it's a bit risky. And expensive as well. But I would like to buy online more since it is a nice way of getting cheaper things or things that you need/want but can't find near you.

10. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon. I really like Amazon more than the other e-commerce websites as they provide quality goods at cheaper and affordable rates. eBay is also good but I shop rarely there. Amazon is one of my favorite destinations and most reliable one.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Ebay have some scam artist who are abusing the system like the sellers from China. Amazon is better but it has a flaw, it doesn't ship around the world.