Amazon vs. other online retail?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pawski • Oct 30, 2013.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a love hate relationship with Amazon, but I'm also using the Canadian version. There is far less to choose from on ours and the things you are able to find, you can find cheaper elsewhere. Sometimes books I find the cheapest there, but then we're paying almost $7 for each item to be shipped. Not worth it to me, I can save more elsewhere.

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is excellent! I swear it seems you can find virtually anything on that site! Really the only other one I see that give it a nice dose of competition would be Ebay. I highly recommend Amazon for buying textbooks and I find really great prices for smaller items too such as phone accessories or jewelry. Again I must say, Amazon is awesome!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on your reputation on both sides of the fence. A new seller won't sell much until they establish themselves as trustworthy. Now to get back to the discussion:

When shopping online, I mostly buy digital products which can be obtained elsewhere at cheaper prices. I've had no problems with the stores where I've made my purchases and until then I definitely won't buy from Amazon.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon and they have NEVER let me down. I have even bought Prime delivery from them because I sue it that much. Their customer service is brilliant and they have always sorted me out whenever I have had issues with purchases. I won't really go anywhere else unless it is not available on Amazon at all. I remain loyal to a good brand.

5. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I like Amazon because it's so easy to navigate. It literally has everything all in one place. But, I don't usually buy clothes or computer parts off Amazon. Probably because I'm picky. I like Newegg for computer parts. Since I'm a girl, I'll check literally every retailer I can think of for good deals and different styles. Everything else, I'll happily purchase off Amazon.

6. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I love buying items from Amazon, due to their great prices, good selection, and excellent customer service. I've never sold anything on Amazon yet, but I know many people who have had good selling experiences with them.

7. elviahanf

elviahanfNew Member

Threads:
    I believe Amazon is here to stay. After their recent unveiling on "60 minutes" about their big plans to begin "same day drone delivery" I think we will be hard pressed to find anyone to compete with them. Amazon is a great platform because it's also an aggregation for smaller stores, and puts their products on their page which gets millions of unique users, worldwide every day. They also pay really well with their affiliate program. Amazon is love, Amazon is life.

8. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    There have been times in the past when I heavily used Amazon. They were wonderful to use for Christmas and birthday presents for my son when he was toddler. The item could show up at any time and he would never be able to identify what was in the box or even the fact that it related to him at all. As he got a little older and wiser, he came to realize the boxes often contained items of interest. He caught me :) I don't use Amazon as much now, basically because we aren't buying toys near as often, but I do love their platform and ease of use, so I go back to Amazon as needed. I've had very few issues with Amazon over the years, I do believe there has only been one issue in far over 50 orders with them.

9. wwalford

wwalfordNew Member

Threads:
    I really like Amazon, they offer a large number of products and are generally really good with stock and not had any issues with after ordering being told there is no stock. Saying this coming from South Africa it is very expensive for us to ship (not Amazon I suppose) and often Amazon will not ship certain products to South Africa. All in All though I really enjoy Amazon and often by books from them also bought a kindle now from them. Super happy.

10. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    Amazon offers some pretty competitive prices, especially on electronics and electronic accessories. Not only are the prices pretty competitive, they are a trusted vendor. It is no wonder people want to shop there. I know I will choose Amazon over other shopping sites any day. Anytime people ask me my opinion on this I tell them to shop with Amazon.

11. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon. It is my favorite online store to shop from. I have always received my packages on time, unless it was the UPS man's mistake. Their customer service is fantastic. They are very helpful and always help me with any problems that I may have and they always follow up. Amazon is always my number one choice for most things.

12. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree the only competition to Amazon would be EBay. I like Amazon better, I don't like the scammers on EBay. I know you can easily get a refund and there is no long term harm. I just don't like the hassle. Amazon may have some of the same and I have just been lucky enough not to encounter.

13. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    I agree with you. Amazon does a real good job at not accepting spam..
    eBay is just plastered with people selling 10 year old eBooks and Chinese iPhone clones.

Definitely Amazon.

14. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that amazon for me is the safer and more trusted option. I have been using ebay and managed to have been robbed of my money and since that experience it has really been hard for me to ever really trust ebay in the way that i did before and so now i really only go with amazon

15. comlink

comlinkNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon is probably the safest bet, not only do they have a huge history of success but they also have immediate customer service and if you are missing an item and can identify that it never reached your house or something like that then they will refund your order completely.

16. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    I find Amazon great and reliable for buying my textbooks. At the moment I am on the 6-month trial of Amazon Student, which is Amazon Prime at half the cost. I love their service so far, and I get a free Kindle book every month as well! I would recommend any college student to try Amazon Student, it's definitely worth it!

17. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I really love buying things on Amazon. They always deliver on the right date, the product is always what to tell it to be, the price is right, you can find coupons now and then and the free shipping on most items is great.
    What I don't like is that you order multiple things and they happen to be sold by a 3rd party, all your orders are shipped separately.

18. amandak

amandakNew Member

Threads:
    I love love love amazon! It is especially better with a Prime membership which gets you two day shipping, movie and tv show streaming, and other perks. Their products are top of the line, their customer service is on point, and they have essentially every product you could ever need. They also have a great trade in program where you can get gift cards for trading in books, electronics, and other products.

19. amandak

amandakNew Member

Threads:
    I have had this experience as well, their customer service is so great and their prime membership is such a great deal and has amazing benefits. I've never had a problem with them.

20. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, Amazon is the gold standard for internet stores. I've bought a lot of stuff from Amazon, books, games, cards, etc.

I never bought clothes or food, but they 100% have some clothes, and I've heard they have some food. I could be wrong about the food.