Anti-snoring

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by hellavu • Mar 13, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I am used to seeing nose stripes on TV designed to help quiet down snoring. I never heard much about the results, since no one in my entourage saw them.

Lately, I ran into a ring at the supermarket, "as seen on TV", that pretended to stop the snoring, as per chinese reflexology or something (pressure point could also be what stood on the package)

Did anyone ever tried anti-snoring methods advertised on TV or know someone who did?

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I am very skeptical about this type of remedy for snoring. I have not heard of anyone that boasts about the success of it so...it leaves me to wonder, also. Is snoring a curable thing? I doubt it is. Snoring is somewhat like puberty, when it's coming to your body, there's no stopping it.However, to be fair and sensible, what I believe I should do is, test it for myself then give an accurate review because all I'm doing right now is speculating.
    So as soon as I test it out, I'll say- I guess it works!

3. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:

Well, there are some operations/surgery you can get to stop snoring? I think it has to do with passage of air in the pathways and all, and so it can be corrected medically. Not too sure about whether the remedies you can get in the stores work, though...

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I snore like a truck driver, I have thought about trying that strip across the nose but it looks like it does not work very welll. I have been hoping to find someone to give a true statement that it does or does not work. I usually just put a pillow under my head to help reduce the nose I make when sleeping.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Those of you who are interested in these types of products have you tried researching one online to see what customers have said about it. I don't blame you for not wanting to buy it to try it, these things aren't cheap and what if they don't work. Also, what if they are cheaply made to where they don't last that long. As far as them not working and nothing working, I don't think that is necessarily true the commericial for one of these does go into why snoring happens which is a blocking in the air ways that keeps happeing while sleeping, the device is suppose to help keep the airway open, whether it works or not is another story all together.

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I believe that having a surgery done to correct snoring is the best remedy, if not the only true successful way to put an end to someone's snoring problem. I definitely do not think that other remedies work, In all respect, getting a nose strip may allow one to breath better temporarily. But I am going to go ahead and say I know that It will not stop one's snoring problem.
    Click this link to say how snoring occurs, and note where the presenter says the a procedure will have to be done to correct the issues. Link-