Anyone do the oil cleansing method?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by kate23 • Mar 3, 2014.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I've been doing the oil cleansing method (OCM) since last summer because soap was just making my face dry and flakey, so I decided to try just using oil and water from then on.

I've been using olive oil mostly, but sometimes afterwards if my face feels dry I will rub a tiny bit of coconut oil into my skin (which I leave on). It's been working good, as long as I remember to do it everyday then my face stays moisturized and oil/acne free. I would like to experiment with some other oils though and see how they work out.

How have your results been with the OCM? What oils do you use, do you mix any oils?

2. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I recently started using this method! I use coconut oil because it smells nice and makes my skin feel super soft. I've noticed that i have less dry skin/ flaking areas of skin, especially when I put on makeup. Oil is a great moisturizer. As for pimples, I haven't noticed a big change yet, sadly. I've heard a lot of positive reviews about the OCM though so I'm going to keep trying. When I wash my face, I normally don't wash the oil all the way out so that a bit stays in to keep my skin looking dewy and glowy. Maybe that is affecting my results?

3. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I have never heard of this method. Do you still use soap or some kind of cleaner to get the dirt and grime off of your face before you put the oil on? If not, then how do you get rid of the dirt? To me, it would seem as if you are just putting oil over the dirt and not cleaning at all. Where did you first hear about this method?

4. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I tried the oil cleansing method, but my skin is very sensitive and even natural oils cause irritation. I tried coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil and castor oil and they all irritated my skin. So, I just continued using Dove soap, and I moisturize with a light lotion such as Jergens.

5. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this. Somehow I don't see myself putting oil on top of my skin that's already a little oily. It might work in certain spots though, since I tend to have combination skin. I'd like to learn more about this process though, if anybody has more information to share.