Apple Watch, So Much More Than Just A Watch !

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Happyflowerlady • Nov 8, 2017.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has had an Applewatch since they first came out, and she has suggested to me several times that I should have one, too; but I always said that it was so small that I could not use it properly.
    Well, Apple just came out with a new watch that uses cellular service; so it does not need to be kept close to the iPhone like the earlier models do. She ordered one of the new watches for her job, and gave me her old one.
    I am still getting used to using this sophisticated kind of a watch; but already i am very impressed and love wearing it.
    Being a watch if actually one of the lesser things that the Apple Watch does. It is also a fitness tracker that counts your steps and activities, plus a health tracker that gives your heart rate right on the watch.
    If you have a phone call,or a text message, you can answer it right from your Wristwatch, and not have to dig out your phone buried in the bottom of your purse or backpack.
    With the use of Siri, I can actually use voice commands for when I want to start a walk or other activity, or even to text back to a person.
    There is no keypad (yet); but you can call from your favorites list or the recent calls list, so most of the phone calls can also be made with the watch.
    The maps app will let you know your location if you get lost and post directions to get back home.
    The Apple Phone is expensive, but when you consider all of the tings that it does, it is so totally worth the money, in my opinion.

2. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Apple watch is without a doubt one of the most advanced smart watch right now, it's pretty versatile and can be used in so many ways.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    As someone who wears glasses, I don't think the small screen is something for me. The device looks cool because it reminds me of those devices from old sci-fi movies but my experience with the apple watch is a visual nightmare. I gave mine to my nephew. I will stick with phablets, I prefer large screens.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately don't have it yet - although it is in my acquisition plans - but it's actually much more than a simple watch (as most people usually think :rolleyes:).

5. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    That was my thoughts about the Apple Watch as well, @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan . I am a senior and my eyesight is nowhere nearly as good as it used to be, and I really like that on the iPhone or iPad, you can stretch the screen if you need to , in order to read something.
    My daughter has been telling me for several years now that I needed an Apple Watch, and I kept telling her that i wouldn’t be an;e to read that small of a screen.
    I do have to use my reading glasses when I need to read an alert on the screen, but I can read my heartrate, and the fitness tracker part comes in large bands, so it is easy to tell how many steps nd how many calories you have burned of your goal for the day.
    There are so many different watch faces that it is simple to pick one that has a watch face large enough to easily read the time.
    When I am going to use an activity, I tell Siri and she starts the walk for me, so I do not have to try and read most of the small stuff on the screen.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @

I also have very fat fingers so navigating a small touch screen is a chaotic experience with me. I think little kids love them because the screen works well with their young eyes and tiny fingers. Maybe someday it will have a projector screen. For now this device is not for me.

7. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    The pictures always show people tapping on the little circles on their watch, and that is one of the reasons that I didn’t think I could use an Apple Watch either. It turns out that you can have the different icons listed in a list that you can scroll through using the crown (which is like the winding crown on regular watches).
    You can also do most things from the iPhone app for the watch, so except for reading something that is on the screen when I have an alert; I really do not have to use the touchscreen on the watch.
    Since the watch has Siri, I can just speak most anything that I need done, rather than trying to find the right little icon on the watch to do it. When I am going for a walk, I tell Siri to start the walk, and then to end it when I get done.
    Until I actually had one and started using it, I didn’t think that it would work for me, either, because it was so small, and I knew that I could never work those little circle icons on the front of the watch. The truth is that I never even see those on my watch, just the watch face is all I ever see.