Are Extras For Cars Worth It?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Denis Hard • Sep 29, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Read a story earlier about a guy who paid a fortune for a new car. So I decided to look around a little to find out why how he'd been ripped off and I came across some interesting information.

When a buying a new car, the dealer may try to get as much cash from you as possible.

Like everything else, before deciding that something would be great for your car, think about it for a moment and ask yourself if you really need what the dealer is offering. If it won't be of much value to you, say no and save cash!

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I know a couple that bought their car new and in order to get a better price they purchased a factory version that had no other extra stuff besides the necessary. The price they payed was 3/4 from the price they would have payed for a car equipped with extras. In time they bough some other things for their car but in the end the money spent was still lower than buying an equipped car from the start. The sad part is that car dealerships do what you mentioned because customers don't know better and make a purchase anyway.

3. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We have learned over the years that it really isn't worth putting all of those upgrades into a new car especially at the dealer!! They charge you triple what you would pay else where and honestly, that is where they make a lot of their money! If you really need an extra and it can be done after purchase, look around and get prices other than at the dealerships. You will save tons of money, I promise!!

It will take a little extra time and effort on your part, but will be so worth it in the end!!

Danyel :)