Are Microsoft Phones Better Than Samsung?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Kieranlewix • Nov 9, 2017.

1. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 This is the reason I passed the chance to buy a Microsoft smartphone sometime in the past simply because of the OS which was a turn off for me. I understand that it's not that easy to change from Android to that windows OS, but the transition seems tough for those that has tried it as well which is disheartening to me.

I've been using Android powered devices since I began using smartphones and I have to confess that it has served me well. For that reason, I would have to say that Samsung phones would he much more better than what we have with Microsoft phones at the moment.

#21Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    So you are saying that Galaxy Note 7 is a great product. That thing injured a lot of people. I owned a Samsung Phone and it only lasted 3 years. It has planned obsolescence. Microsoft phones can last for a decade. Mine is already 7 years old and it outlasted my Samsung Galaxy phone.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe Microsoft and Google are going to give a tough competition to Samsung and iPhone in coming time with innovative technology, long battery life and better camera besides more storage. Samsung has few drawbacks like low battery life. I am very much sure that Samsung research team must be working on this feature since their customers regularly complain on their battery's life and it's quality.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have had both but personally I don't think a Microsoft phone compares with a Samsung. It was at best ok and better than nothing but I used it as a stop gap because I was waiting for my Samsung to come. I would never choose it over a Samsung.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I guess people who are already using android or even IOS, they will surely not be comfortable with Windows mobile os. As it is not having that much customization options compare to android and ios. So it makes it bit harder in use wise compare to them. Even Microsoft is not sure about their OS, I mean few months back I heard that they got rid of windows 8 or 7 mobile OS. I mean they will not provide any support to those who having phones with that OS. So it is hard to trust even with the latest version.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, I would suggest they stick with making and selling laptops for the smartphone market is quite tough for them to penetrate. It's not easy for them and that's the reason I heard that they've stopped the making of phones to return later in the future.

7. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I don't seem to believe that the market is tough to penetrate since they have had quite a success with their first model of smartphones.

8. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    It doesn't have to compare to a Samsung or Apple or the other well known and popular smartphone brands, it represents itself.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Totally agree with you. They should surely concentrate in what they are good and in which they are doing good already. By going for both things they may lose popularity. Instead of that they should try to make current things better by providing more innovation to it. That will be good for them and customer both.

10. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. I tried both brands of the phone and I must say that Samsung is really the best between the two. I experienced a lot of problems when I was using Microsoft phone conpared to the Samsung one. Although I am now an Iphone user, I would always choose Samsung if Iphone does not exist in this world.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Wow I can't believe people are still defending the company with exploding phones and phones with planned obsolescence. I will never touch the galaxy note 8 nor any other Samsung phones because Note 7 even killed a person.

My sister also have negative experience with Samsung and she is now using Oppo.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Samsung is not as that bad as you think LOL or as cheap as you think since there are many other brands which come far cheaper and have better facilities than Samsung. For instance MI or Xiomi is one of the OEM product for various reputed companies but kept its profile low until recently. Now they are in the market and giving almost every android phone manufacturer a stiff competition therefore Samsung has no choice but to reduce their price further. And not only Samsung but even Apple has changed its strategy and more active in advertising field.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True, because of all these competition they are forced to do changes to stay in the market. New companies are doing really good. Surely Samsung's phones are still not that cheap. Their galaxy series latest phones are still starting above 770$. So how can they call be cheap? Ha ha.. But surely they have also made another budget section and selling phones in reasonable price. But still they are getting really hard competition by other companies like MI.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have never seen anyone in my country with a Microsoft phone. I don't know if it would rival Samsung phones in regards to populariy here. Presently, the Samsung phones are much more popular than any other brand and I doubt that Microsoft phones would be able to obtain a higher rating here.

15. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    I'd have to say so, they're a lot better, to be honest. Samsung and iPhone are pretty much just about the brand, but the Microsoft phones actually have really good quality, not to mention their outstanding graphics and resolution. Microsoft will maybe be the biggest phone brand in the future, at least if I were to decide.

16. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Samsung and Apple offer very high quality smartphones, but i agree with you on the fact they rely a lot on the name brand to sell.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Their Galaxy Note 8 costs close to $1000 which has nothing much of a difference compared to its previous version barring the design. I have one of that phone in my family bought only last week for $920 because it was bought from a different country (Galaxy Note 8 Edge). The site charged $30 for back cover and $5 for screen guard. I am sure Samsung is one of the most costliest second only to iPhone.

18. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    A person dying and multiple people getting injured is enough reason for me to avoid any product from this company. Go ahead keep supporting this company until one day their next model explodes while it is inside your pocket. I kept warning people but people are so obsessed with this brand.

19. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Yeah. The quality of the phones is definitely very high, however, a lot of people do rely on the brand. Thus, Apple isn't forced to make higher quality phones in order to gain more buyers. However, Microsoft is, because not a lot of people buy their phones.

20. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    The brand regardless of the company associated with it has a lot of influence on the buyers perspective and choices always.