Are you a sucker for sports cars?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Canadianlover • Aug 21, 2014.

1. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    Do you admire sports cars or thing it's "hip" or "G" to drive a Mustang or Porsche? I know they make cool and the media does put a lot of heavy enthesis on these types of vehicles but honestly speaking these cars are a waste of money. Why pay a large sum of money for the car + insurance + maintenance + gas other than to show off? I personally would not waste my money on a luxury car; I'd have that for Need for Speed and spend my money elsewhere, like traveling.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I appreciate the looks of sports cars. But owning one seems impractical with all the points you've raised here. Even if money were no object and if I had one, I think I'll just be frustrated because of the traffic. You're travelling no faster than the cheap Japanese car beside you. And you are the one who is looking like a fool since you paid more only to be stuck in a ridiculous traffic.

3. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I am. Ever since I was a kid I've been drooling at the site of handsome looking sports car and I've been looking forward to buying one soon enough. Well yeah it's probably a waste of money that is if you're going to buy it brand new. It will cost you a fortune for a brand new luxury sports car but if you're clever enough you'll find somebody out there that's selling their Audi for a quarter of the original mark up.

I also consider it as a trophy, something to show for your hard work. I don't know maybe my perspective is different from yours but if you're a car enthusiast you'll understand what I'm saying. And come on, who the hell doesn't want a Porsche parked in their garage.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sports cars are incredibly boring to me. Give me a truck that actually serves a purpose other than looking flashy. A sports car sucks down gas and looks nice, but that's it. A truck might suck down gas, too, but I can haul a trailer or thousands of pounds in cargo with ease. I can still seat 6 people, too. I'll take a decent truck over the flashiest sports car any day.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Not really. I'm not that into cars and would be satisfied with a good enough or above average modern car as long as it has a good build and nice interiors and is of a brand I like. I do still appreciate more expensive cars but I lean more towards luxury cars than sports cars because I have no interest in going fast and only seek the extra comfort if I were going to spend more on a car.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    It's not the one thing I build my life around...
    When I get filthy rich, buying a car won't be the first thing I do witht the money.

But they are nice!
    I'm the kind of guy who knows nothing about cars. I know nothing about mechanics, and I don't know by heart the names of 5000 different models.
    But when I look at something like an Aston Martin One 77...
    It would be cool as hell to drive something like that, no matter who thinks it's futile.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Sports cars are sexy. They make whoever's inside appear rich and powerful. Yet, I am not that interested in them. I prefer sedans and SUVs. They are pretty regular, but fit a larger crowd and cost less to maintain.

Nice. . .
    suv.

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Sports cars are powerful and well designed so I like looking at them but never wish for one. They're expensive, eat too much fuel and with the roads we have around here they'll get wrecked fast. I learned a few things about the top sports cars but mainly just so I can use that info in a discussion if the need comes - pure general culture. But, if I win one by some luck, I won't refuse it! :D

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I see a sports car, my head turns quickly. Sports cars are slick and fast. I do want one but I'm not dying to have one since I know that they're impractical. Would I want to drive one? Of course. Who wouldn't want to. But it's not a priority. ;)