Are you still using dumbphones?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by deathbyprayer • Aug 12, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've long had my smartphones with me but every now and then, whenever I travel to new places I tend to bring a long my old Nokia phones. I know they're old and obsolete now but I still use them quite often. I think it's because of the simplicity of the technology, you know, just for texting and calling purposes only. Do you still use your dumbphones?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had one till last month. And then I had to give it to someone because I didn't have much use for it. Actually with that dumb-phone gone, I have no intention of buying any other phone because I never call anyone and even those who called could never reach me because I'd activated call diverts to an unreachable number.

If I had a choice to get myself a phone, I'd still get a dumb-phone anytime because smartphones . . . are not for everyone. I like simplicity and smartphones don't offer me that.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I'm still using my basic phone till now. I don't own a smartphone because I don't need one. I have an iPad which is enough for organizing things. I just need a phone to make calls.

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I still have what you call a dumbphone. The reason I have it is for the price. I'm in a family plan with my parents since I first got a phone in high school, and the plan has been renewed 3 times now even tough Sprint no longer offers this plan or any shared plan that is not a smartphone plan. Our plan is about $90 for 4 lines and it's very cheap compared to the cost of getting 4 lines with smartphones. I told my parents I might be getting a smartphone soonish (I'm a freelancer and sometimes people text me and I don't have text in my phone) and they said the will give my line to someone else in the family just so they can keep the plan as is because they don't want to pay so much for smartphones when they don't need the extra features.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still have a dumb phone and I still use it because it can still send and receive messages even if the mouthpiece and earpiece is broken. It has stood the test of time while my feature phone and smartphones conked out or started to malfunction, so when my primary phone gets broken, this dumb phone becomes my main phone until I get to buy a new one.