Are You Willing To Wait, If It Means Cheaper Shipping?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Zyni • Sep 12, 2016.

1. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Ummm.. no! See the thing is if time really is money, then why waste any time? If something can wait, I would put in on hold because of the money, but rarely because of shipping. Also, Amazon Prime works quite well doesn't it? So, I don't really put anything off just because of shipping.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I am willing to wait, in fact, I usually plan my purchase event in way to eliminate the requirement for overnight shipping. Overnight shipping will definitely add a considerable sum to the amount for the purchasing and delivery the goods and in some instances, it may even turn out to be a huge percentage of the overall cost of acquiring the goods

3. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I like that part about being able to track the progress of the delivery. I think many companies have already implemented this feature. They will give you a shipping number and you can just log in to find out where your parcel is. As for buying from foreign countries, look for those which have a local depot. Then, before you buy, check whether the item is in stock in the local depot. That's how you can get your product quickly even if it's made in China.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I'm willing to wait, and other times I will pay for shipping, or occasionally, expedited shipping. I buy a lot of supplies from overseas, and I build in a buffer, knowing those deliveries will take up to a month, and sometimes even longer. There are certain items I want or need right away, though, and for those, I will sometimes choose to pay a small amount for faster shipping. I have only paid for overnight shipping a few times, and that was for live fish, which obviously couldn't sit around for days. Some companies these days will offer free shipping for the type that might take twice as long as something like USPS Priority, which is typically 2-3 day delivery. I recently ordered some pet supplies and I upgraded the shipping because I was already using up the last of what I had on hand, so I use various types of shipping, depending on my needs at the time.

5. Xpence

XpenceNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the type of goods that I have bought. If I am buying medicine from my suppliers then I may want it to arrive quickly, which means that I have to pay for shipping. Heavy products like machinery have to be shipped by sea and this is when I usually consider free shipping options, because I should wait for the products for a longer time.

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would probably depend on how much you need the product, if you need it as soon as possible or if you can wait for it to arrive. In some cases, there are items that we need immediately so in that case, I would prefer to pay for special or rush delivery. However, if it's something that's not that important (e.g. cellphone cases or clothes), then perhaps I could wait.

7. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I can wait for 60 days even 90 days if I can get the product shipping free or cheap shipping. I find it insane to buy a product for $30 and pay $35 for shipping. Therefore, free shipping or cheap shipping is also a criteria for me when I shop online. Currently, I am waiting a product to be delivered to me since 80 days. I did not pay for shipping.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have waited not once or twice but numerous times for cheap shipping cost. I never ask for expidated service. Once I asked for expidated shipping and the shipping cost me more than what I had paid for the products. I can wait for the product to arrive late, but I can spend more for shiping. In most cases, I always look for the sellers or stores that ship free.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Yes as long as it's not too long and as long as it falls within the time limit given by the company. If I want something urgently I will use Amazon Prime but it isn't often I will be that desperate for something.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, yes and yes. If the wait is worth it this does not bother me in any way because I don't feel the need to have things before other people. Knowing how to wait is a virtue that is very worthwhile. :cool:

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I did order a small OTG adapter(for a Kodak camera) that came after about a month, and it included free shipping(Amazon)as well-and I could not find it at the local Walmart store and ask them,but to no avail. At first I did not notice the shipping time on this product but then realized that it was due a month later than I expected-but that was fine with me. I received it from China and it worked just find and looked like a little robot which was cool and worth waiting for.

#31Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  12. LesY

LesYMember

Threads:
    I always try to buy in advance so I can save in delivery fees. I try to avoid paying express delivery because I my experience is not worth it, it only increases the amount of the purchase. The only exception I'll make is if it was someting vital to my existence or a once a year pamper thing for myself.

13. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would wait. There is the saying "patience is a virtue", I can wait a while if it means having a more cheaper option. I usually wind up saving 10-20 dollars when going for a cheaper alternative. Especially if I only have to wait a few more extra days for the item. I am not a fan of waiting but I am not a fan of spending too much money.

14. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    It depends if I need the item badly. I prefer cheaper items even it may take longer to arrive. That is why I always think ahead what items will I be needing in the future. There are times that there are emergency or items that I need badly so I have no choice but to rush my order and go for the more expensive option.

15. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the situation. I remember the time I bough a swimsuit on a online shop for my vacation trip to a beach here in the Philippines, I ordered 2 weeks earlier from my trip. And the order came 3 weeks after that! I was so disappointed but in the end it's okay because the shipping price was very cheap. But the design and the quality of the swimsuit was good.