As Seen On Tv Stores

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by KimmyMarkks • Nov 17, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    There is an as seen on TV store in my area. It doesn't offer many of the newer item but it does have a pretty decent selection of all types of products. Bed bath and beyond also carries a lot of as seen on TV brand products. I bought quite a few including the Veggiti there.

2. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    Is that a store that specializes in As Seen On TV items? If so I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. That should make for interesting window shopping. I probably wouldn't buy anything though because those items tend to be a little too gimmicky for me.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the AS SEEN ON TV section of Bed Bath and Beyond. I like the idea because do not have to pay for shipping and you get to see the real item, touch it and see if it looks and feel cheap, before you spend your money.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like shopping at these stores because often you get the products at a much lower price and the great thing is you don't even have to call anyone or have to wait for your product to arrive. The downside is that most of the time the brand is usually different from the popular one being sold on tv so you might be buying into a lesser grade product but in my opinion most products in this spectrum are usually once with each other so there is some fair amount of safety in buying them from a store, and additionally you could just return them to the store if they end up being subpar anyway.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! It's all and only as seen on TV items. It's such a cool store. I've only seen one by my house. It never seems to busy so I can't see how it stays in business to be honest. The sales associates are also very clueless.

6. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I'm not surprised the store isn't packed. I have yet to see one though and as I said would definitely want to do a walk through of this type of store. I'm pretty sure my curiosity would get the better of me. Also I suppose it stands to reason that the sales associates would be clueless given the nature of these items.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen those stores but most of those as seen on TV products don't seem to be that great to begin with so I am not sure the stores are any great bargain, but at least it saves you on the cost of shipping so that might be worth it from that standpoint alone. I think it is something I will consider.

8. rezonate

rezonateNew Member

Threads:
    I once paid a visit to a as seen on tv store in the Burbank mall in California and thought it was the coolest store in there. I mean to have a store dedicated to all the as seen on tv products was amazing.a

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have such stores over here, but I think that it's a better way to shop for those things being peddled on tv because you would save on shipping fees. I wouldn't mind checking out such stores in the future if there is one near my place.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen those stores in malls and so forth. I don't think much of the As Scene on TV products to begin with, so I am not usually tempted by those stores. I guess the best thing you can say about those stores, is that you don't have to pay the outrageous shipping charges that the As Scene on TV stores charge.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate those TV channels because I find them so OTT cheesy and like corald said, too gimmicky for my tastes. So I'd never ever buy anything from them. However, I wouldn't say no to looking in one of the stores, being able to see with my own eyes, touch and feel the items; hopefully without an annoying store assistant breathing down my neck would be a bit different to seeing them on TV LOL

12. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me for this comment. We saw on home shopping tv a car wax that gives the car a good shine. The wax is actually liquid that would be applied on the car and after some minutes, the wax is wiped off to give the car a shine. When we bought it and used it, the wax seemed to stick to the car and it cannot be removed. Even on the next day, the wax was still on our car which looked like it was splashed with caramelized liquid. But it was easy to remove with water... and no more shine.

13. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I have never bought any As Seen On TV items. But, when I worked at a Rite Aid here in my home town, they had a section of the store that was just for these items. I think it is a promotion they normally do around the holidays. Looking at the items that were for sale there, it appeared that many of them were made cheaply and would not be all they were built up to be in the infomercials.

14. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have one of those stores in the mall near my house. I used to like going in there just to see all the gadgets they had. I do not think that I ever bought anything from there though. You can also find As Seen on TV products at Rite Aid and Walgreen's. They have a small section where these are and it is usually the newest ones. There are so many products out there it is hard to keep up with all of them.

15. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    There is also an As Seen On Tv section at Walmart! I guess they're expanding them to a lot of stores - kind of defeating the purpose of the name? haha. It makes logical sense, though, a lot of people my age don't even have cable, so they don't see the advertisements on a regular basis. But most of us shop and it's hard to miss when they place the ASOT items up front by the registers!

16. LilyRaven

LilyRavenNew Member

Threads:
    We have a couple of stores like that around my area, but they don't really have any of the top products. The ones they do have are the ones you can clearly see aren't worth what they're charging. I really want the coffee station thing, but it's way too expensive right now. I'm hoping it comes down in price so I can buy it. I agree with the previous poster that it seems it's defeating the purpose of As Seen On TV by letting these products be sold at Wal-Mart and other retail stores like it, but sometimes it's a good thing, especially for last minute gift ideas.

17. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oooh, what a fun store. There isn't a shop like that by me, but I love looking at all that junk, even though I rarely if ever buy any of it.

I did buy one of those bra clip thingies that allows you to maneuver your bra straps to fit better with different styles of tops. I bought the "knock off" brand at a dollar store. My daughters loved it for all their cute shirts.

I'm happy to wait until this stuff hits a store near me, be it Walmart or a dollar store (in fact, I prefer the dollar store). I'll give lots of stuff a try if it only costs a buck rather than $19.95 plus shipping.

I'm not sure I've ever ordered anything from TV. If I have, it's been so long that I've forgotten by now.

18. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I've never seen one of the stores that carries just those items, but it seems like every store anymore carries them. It's not always the newest items right away, but they eventually get there. It's a lot more convenient.