As Soon As You Start Working, Consider Your Retirement?

Discussion in Retirement Plans started by ExpertAdvice • Mar 2, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard this little piece of advice from a lot of people, people who are indeed, retired. I think it makes sense, yes you have other things to plan for and save towards, but, think about it, if you start working at age 24, and you start saving towards your retirement at say, 60, do you see how long you would have been saving for? and, do you get a picture of how much money you would have saved? :) it's encouraging, right?!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It certainly is encouraging but our gaze ought not to be set on retirement. How sure can someone be they'll live that long? For me I believe that people ought to start investing early, say from when they are 24. Money that's invested is pretty much like money that is saved only difference is you'll be earning more from it. If you spend the proceeds you gain from your investments "enjoying life" [traveling, etc, etc] then it would be much better than waiting 30 or so years before you actually begin "enjoying life."

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I would, but not directly. Working towards buying a house, and accruing savings. That helps reduce your retirement costs. Any savings you do have will then go further. You also wouldn't have to worry about a retirement fund imploding that way.