Baby Sign Language

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by klassiter • Sep 15, 2013.

1. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I have read that signing with your baby can help with language development. Signing also decreases tantrums and frustration because your baby can now communicate with you before they can actually talk. I purchased "Signing Times" dvd"s to learn signs to teach to my baby. Has anyone had any success with signing to your baby? At what age did you begin signing to your child and how soon did your child began signing back?

2. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I haven't had much success with my son, and I kind of dropped it quickly enough, unfortunately. :/ I ended up coming to the conclusion that by the time he learns these things it will almost be time for him to start talking, so I may as well just keep reading to him and speaking with him and if I want him to learn sign language after he can speak I will do that. :)

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't do this either. Babies are pretty easy to read. I very quickly got to know what sounds they made when they were hungry or tired or needed to be changed. Then they found other ways to communicate what they needed as they got older. I believe all children should learn naturally.. communication happens in their own time and if you're paying attention, they do it right from the start. Babies are babies such a short time; it passes quicker than any other stage.. I'd rather spend that time in other ways.