Bacon Wave

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by cookiemonsterv16 • Mar 8, 2014.

1. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased the bacon wave after seeing it on TV, my husband being the bacon lover that he is just had to have it. So I decided to get it for him and he was over the moon happy when he got it. As soon as he got it he couldn't wait to try it out and it seemed to be pretty good. I asked him how the bacon tasted and he said he liked it.

A couple weeks later when he went to work he used it again and this time around he said the bacon had to be put in the microwave a little longer so I assumed he was trying to tell me he was having trouble with it. I told him maybe the fact that he was in a rush to go to work he didn't let the bacon prepare enough. I still like it, but every now and then I still make bacon without using the product.

So if anyone else has this product how do you feel about it? Has it given you any trouble or feel like it was a waste of money?

2. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My husband is a bacon lover and I have thought about getting this to make cooking bacon faster, but I think I am going to pass on this one. Cooking bacon is relatively quick anyway and the house smells like bacon. I do like the smell of bacon, just not really the taste of it.

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I really am glad to hear he liked it. It seems a good way to drain the bacon better than the traditional way. I can make good bacon in a fry pan and use paper towels to drain the slices, but ANYTHING that could be less messy would be worth looking in to. I just saw the commercials recently and am so glad you posted this.

4. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    From your descriptions, it`s a must-have in a kitchen, so I think I would buy it too, when it will arrive to my country. How many dollars do I have to gather for the magical helper?

5. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    Well I got it here for about $10, but from what I heard there are other places that sell it for more like one person posted on a website that they got it for $19 so its just a matter of where you buy it from and hopefully getting it at a better deal. If you go to HSN.com they have for $20 and you can also see some reviews from other people who have bought this product it does have mixed reviews some people love it and others regret getting it.

6. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    Like I posted in a recent reply to someone else I personally like it because I've tried it, but incase you need more feedback if you can always go to shopping sites who have this product like HSN.com or Amazon.com where there are several reviews that can help you decide whether you want to get this product.

7. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't understand how bacon has become such a big fad over the last few years. That being said, I do enjoy bacon and probably wouldn't mind trying the Bacon Wave as a way to make a quick BLT or something.

8. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I agree every time I think I've seen it all as far as Bacon Products I end up getting surprised with something new. Its funny because just when I think they can't possibly think of anything else and so I say to myself well looks like I'm caught up with Bacon products for my husband until they bring out something new which intrigues him and he has to have it because he just loves anything and everything that has to do with bacon. :D