Bare Minerals

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by hunysukle • May 27, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I've often seen those infomercials about Bare Minerals, and I've thought about trying them. Has anyone tried Bare Minerals? If so, what is your opinion of it?

2. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    My 3 daughters and I all use Bare Minerals. I like it on them because it is natural looking and doesn't look like they are wearing a lot of makeup. They sell it at Sephora and Ulta, and there are also Bare Minerals shops in some of the malls, and you can try it there. They also make some starter sample sized kits that are less expensive than the almost sixty dollar starter set. The smaller sets wouldn't be as good a value if you knew you liked it, but sixty dollars is a lot to spend if you don't know if you like something!

3. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I have wanted to try it but it is so expensive. I do like e.l.f mineral makeup.

4. jnmcksmom

jnmcksmomNew Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to try this line myself, but could not bring myself to spend so much on make-up. However, if you need to only apply small amounts to still get good even coverage, it might be worth it in the long run to spend a lil more for better products. Has this been the experience of those who have tried it? Does it last longer than other brands?

5. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen it, but not sure how it would work on sensitive skin. I have skin that is allergic to most of the items you can put on skin. So I have to be really cautious when I use any of these types of items.

6. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I have not used it myself, but have known of women who have and who have sworn by it. I just don't wear enough makeup to make it worth spending so much, but if you are a big makeup wearer, I would definitely say that it is worth it. If you end up buying it, let us know how you like it!

7. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    As far as how long it lasts, for me it lasts a very long time. I use it pretty much every day, but don't wear a lot. One of my daughters puts it on much more heavily, and she goes through it much more quickly than me. She also reapplies during the day (teenager...) and I don't. So I guess it would just depend on whether you tend to wear a lot of makeup. If it didn't last a long time for me, I don't think I would buy it because of the cost.

8. abbywillow

abbywillowNew Member

Threads:
    I do not like Bare Minerals. It is SO cakey and dries out your face. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like how it covered up all my freckles and made me look, well, fake. I hate the pancake look, which is what this stuff does. If you want to try it out, buy it on eBay first, before you get it from teh infomercial. It's cheaper this way, and you can try it out yourself. My thoughts are, if you don't normally wear makeup then Bare Minerals will be too much to handle. I used it for like 3 days then gave it to my sister, who thought the same thing about it as I did.

9. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Bare minerals! It really does hide any imperfections while providing a natural glow to your skin. Plus for women with oily skin, it does not cause as many breakouts as liquid foundation and concealer does.

10. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine swears by this stuff. She has adult acne and has to be super careful in what types of makeup she uses otherwise she'll suffer a nasty outbreak. She loves this stuff because it covers her skin well and doesn't cause her to break out. I haven't personally tried it, but I'm thinking about it just based on her results.

11. MissMin11

MissMin11New Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it myself, but I have been considering it. I know a few people who love it. The only thing holding me back is that it is a decent chunk of money to purchase, and I just can't bring myself to justify spending that amount on something I am unsure of liking.

12. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I haven't bought it just because of pure skepticism. I have never looked up reviews for this but apparently some girls in my office really love it and use it daily. Perhaps its worth the price. I will look for specials if I decide to purchase this and maybe that way I can try it without regretting the price should it not turn out to be something I like

13. jojocoach

jojocoachNew Member

Threads:
    I have used Bare Minerals for years and I love it! My daughter uses it and so do some of my friends. I bought my first sampler kit from tv, but I now buy it locally. You can check on line where there are stores. Also, some hair salons sell it. Also, you can order it online. For the first time to match your skin bet a beginner kit and it will give you 2 shades to try or if you find someone that sells it they can help you. Sephora stores also sell it.

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    My mom swears by it. Instead of ordering off TV, though, go to Ebay. You can get the same kinds for a fraction of the price usually.

15. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I really want to try this brand out. A lot of people who get it really love it. I know that my mom got some of the product as a gift from work, and she loves it a lot. No matter what, it seems like it's a working product all around.

I think the next time I see it on television, I'm going to buy a sampler kit for myself. I really think it will bring out my face. :D

16. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Most people I know who try it, love it. I think it's worth it as long as you don't overdo it. I don't do liquid foundations, so this seems like a good alternative. Although I'm really into natural makeup so I have the brands that I need. But I haven't heard anything bad about Bare Minerals.

17. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I like the minerals, although I do have to put a primer on first, so they stick better. I find its cheaper if you buy them from their website. I got mine for $19.99 and they lasted almost 3 months. I was paying $23 for foundation and $24 for powder every other month. This works better and costs less.