Barefoot Sandals

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Zyni • May 7, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been seeing a lot of "barefoot sandals" lately, and I think they are really cute. I don't think they are too practical for people who are big enough to walk, but for babies, I think they are adorable. Some of them are really fancy. They also tend to be pricey.

I'm thinking of making some for the little darlings in my life. I have lots of little bits of lace and stuff that I think would work for making this adorable shoes, instead of spending lots of money.

Have you heard of barefoot sandals? Have you tried making them?

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I have some barefoot sandals that I made from tied leather and another pair that I beaded. They're cute on tiny kids, though you have to be sure they're not a choking risk because babies can get their feet to their mouths.

I personally wear them because I hate to wear shoes and if I have barefoot sandals on vs being blatantly barefoot, fewer people comment on my lack of shoes. They see the top and don't notice the lack of sole.

There's a pretty good market for that kind of thing on etsy if you find that you enjoy making them and want to try selling too.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I ca't say that I have heard of barefoot sandals. But I just googled them and I see what you mean. They are a really nice adornment for your feet. Something that you can wear around the beach, or around your house. But personally, I know I will stick with soles. :) And when I walk barefoot, I prefer to feel free and unrestricted.

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    A quick google and I see a lot of jewelry things on female feet. It seems useful for photoshoots and fashion, but I cannot understand what the point of it would be for babies. Or anyone else. And why is it called shoes?

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of barefoot sandals too, but on Googling them I realised I'd seen pictures of them somewhere. I don't understand why they are called sandals, I'd say they're more of an accessory than shoes LOL Like Dora M says, I feel like it's something most suited to wear on the beach or in the house. Don't get me wrong, I like them but I wouldn't use them in place of sandals with soles :)