Beauty Home Remedies

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by tallulah • Jul 27, 2017.

1. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I always ensure I have these items in my kitchen drawer or fridge;
    1. Honey
    2. Cucumber
    3. Lemon
    4. Garlic
    5. Aloe Vera

There are a number of good home remedies you can make from these items listed above. What is your list of home remedies?

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Hello tallulah, I have all the ingredients that you have listed in your post in my kitchen. Although I don't use garlic as a remedy for beauty. Apart from honey, cucumber, lemon and aloe vera, I also use yogurt, chickpea flour and rose water, all of which I keep stocked always in my kitchen. I also use turmeric powder daily in my cooking and also use it as a very effective and easy remedy.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried Aloe vera in different ways. I have hair fall problem. And I applied it on my hairs and they stopped falling. I have also found that they can be effective against the pimples. So it is indeed a good option. You may want to consider making use of turmeric in your use as well. This way you may not be able to need it much either.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    You can add Turmeric and rice flour to the list. I use rice flour and chickpea flour for detanning purpose. For hair problem I use Castor oil and coconut oil. The hair fall has reduced.

5. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I know that my wife keeps in the fridge, eggs, honey, olive oil, mother bee milk, and coconut oil. She makes a lot of face or hair masks from them. I personally use only the coconut oil for my hair or my teeth!

6. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    What is mother bee milk? I have heard of bees wax being used in beauty remedies, but not this one. Could you please explain more about this?

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    The only home remedies that I have at home are guava leaves, and I drink them when I'm having diarrhea. I just boil the leaves and drink them and my stool improves after drinking it.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    These are some good ways to save a few dollars if you are good at it, but too bad I have never really been able to stick with any. If I could substitute your basic soap that would be a game changer.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I would add apple cider vinegar to this list as it has a multitude of uses. Here is a link that shows many of the uses:

I would like to know what mother bee milk is too as I have never heard of it.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are countless natural recipes that one can use at home. For
    instance, a glass of tepid lemon water can do wonders to the
    complexion by taking a glass in the morning and evening and the
    results are noticeable after 2 weeks. Cucumber has plenty of minerals
    that nourish the skin applied topically as well as when the juice is
    ingested. The best thing about there remedies is that they are cheap
    and do not have side effects.

11. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Just to add a couple of essential oils to this list. Coconut oil, Olive oil and Acovado oil. I always ensure I never run out of these three oils as they are super great and useful for a lot of things, both for beauty purposes and in the kitchen.

12. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I use home beauty remedies. There are many benefits of using home beauty remedies, for instance:
    Cosmetic will beautify you temporarily, however, home remedies that uses herbal and natural ingredients will give you lasting beauty.
    You save money when you are using home remedies
    There are no side effects of home remedies.

13. gee wanjiru

gee wanjiruNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite beauty home remedy is turmeric. I always have it in my place. Turmeric is good for exfoliating so i often use it as a face mask and it works perfectly. I put it in food too like rice for color and flavor. I put a little in hot water and take it for the health of my liver and for other health benefits that it's said to have.

I like to have lemon and honey too which helps in bleaching out spots. The lemon is a cheap item to have and it is readily available.

14. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have home remedies like garlic, baking soda, sugar, lemon, milk powder, eggs e.t.c

Although I don't use all of them at once. I might search for a home remedy on Google and use the option which the ingredients are available in my kitchen.

15. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    We have oregano, serpentina, ashitaba, and moringa on our small garden. We make tea out of the leaves for body cleansing. We always have garlic, yellow ginger, and ginger on our grocery list. I drink at least a glass of Apple Cider Vinegar everyday except on some gap days. It's great for cleansing, has antioxidants, and can be used in a lot of ways. I love having tomato as side dish or dip for a variety of dishes. And yes, carrots. It's great for the eyes and skin and has strong antioxidant properties.

16. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I found your comment over here. I experienced massive dandruff though I already get rid of it. But unfortunately, I am now experiencing massive hair fall maybe because of the treatment I've used for my dandruff. After I read your comment, I will definitely try aloe vera and I hope it will work for me too. About using turmeric, I am not really familiar with turmeric and its used so maybe I would do a research about the benefits of it.

17. Sirius

SiriusMember

Threads:
    I agree honey is must! I apply it on my skin and keep it there for about 10 minutes. My face is glowing after I remove the honey.

Another home remedy, which I learnt about, is green tea bags. After you've used them, put them on your skin, while they're still wet. The water that drips will penetrate your skin and will do its magic. Green tea is full of antioxidants and I think this is why it has such a pronounced effect. I've literally seen it erase fine lines.

A friend of mine told me about Coconut Oil. He does facial masks with it and says it makes his skin look like baby skin. I haven't given this a try, but I'm planning to check it out. I'll report about the results.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have aloe growing in my little garden in several pots. I use it for burns and covering myself, for protection from the Sun. I'll use it on my hair too so I can keep my hair and hopefully it starts to get plentiful again as when I was younger. I started to get pigments on my face, so I'll use aloe more to topically. I know that eating aloe is good to stop ulcers, but it's good to consult doctors about health issues too. I'm another one who learned from your posts...thanks so much! One last thing I use recycled water to water all my herbs growing and for my red ti leaf which is to protect your yard...this way I save money too.

19. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    Interesting! I keep aloe for sunburns and coconut oil as a moisturizer but I didn't think to research other products for skincare purposes.

20. JOHN MATTHEW

JOHN MATTHEWNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Tallulah, I have also kept same along with some fruits like Orange, Apple, Papaya and many more. These fruits will also help in making home remedies.