Befriending Neighbors Can Save You Cash

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Did you know that being a good neighbor can save you a lot of money? Don't believe that?

- If you have children you can exchange toys with your neighbors. Should your kid be bored of their toys, all you do is swap and they'll have new toys to play with.

- You can also get to swap books, DVDs, etc — how much money would that save you?

- Ladies can and do swap clothes all the time when they no longer fit, are out of fashion, etc. It's relatively easy to get some free clothes that way too.

And that's not all . . .

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents are good friends with all the neighbors and one of them is an older lady (89) and she gives my mum Bone China sets and similar items. My mum does give her clothes and often we give her fruit and other things like scones as she is by herself now and can't eat a whole pack of anything.

It can be harder in the city to get to know your neighbors, but it's still possible though it can take a lot longer.

3. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    My front neighbors save a lot of money. They don't have running water so they "borrow" water from their side neighbors. LOL They exchange it for a parking space in front of their house because they only have one car and an extra space. :p

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I agree! My mom and our neighbor have been friends for a long time. They usually exchange recipes or meals every few weeks or days. So, every now and then, we get to have baked cookies or cake especially when they have a party!

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Not to mention that life is just a whole lot easier when you and your neighbors have an amiable relationship! I have heard horror stories before, but have always been fortunate enough to have great neighbors.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, that doesn't only apply to your neighbors, they can apply to anyone you meet. If you're nice to everyone, then it's most likely that you will get to enjoy some form of goodwill from them, whether tangible or intangible.