Being Santa

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This year it was my turn to be Santa Claus on the 24th December, it had been some years since I played him, so it was entertaining. The 5 year old and below still believe or are in doubt, but the older kids don't believe anymore. Have you ever been Santa? :)

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I'll ever be Santa. I've always hated Christmas and when I did I didn't celebrate it. Being Santa would mean going against my principles. It's not my nature though to do that so I'll never pretend to be something which I know only makes little kids believe in fictitious characters. St Nicholas died ages ago.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I did play santa one time but not as the Santa Santa, but as me with a santa hat. I did the distribution of gifts for the family and other relatives who were there with us. None of us really duped our kids into believing there is a Santa who lives in the north pole and goes around Christmas eve to bring gifts. Besides, that Santa we were introduced to while growing up was a judgemental fat guy.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aw, that's sweet. Good for you. I was on the fence about whether or not to tell my kids there was a Santa, but enter everyone and their dog telling them there was a Santa and the choice was sort of made for me. I love watching how happy it makes children to believe in magic.. I just don't like when that magic is ripped out from under them lol. But I digress.. we did the usual "Santa was here!" thing, but neither of us played Santa. We have some amazing mall Santas where we come from though. They look just like you would imagine him, real beards and all :)

5. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    We don't physically play Santa (i.e. put on a costume) but we definitely do sneak downstairs on Christmas eve night and stuff the present full of gifts for our kids from 'Santa'. I don't think there's any harm in letting kids believe in the magic of Christmas for a little while. They catch on soon enough.

6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah it tends to be my husband who plays santa, but I have done it once or twice when he's been ill. He loves doing it though. It's fun for young kids. The older ones know its him now though.

7. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    Nope! We feel that it competes with celebrating Christ's birth, so we just skip the Santa aspect altogether. However, we love giving gifts; our kids just know they are from us.