Best car company?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by xcmiller93x • May 7, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    In your opinion and with your experience, what is the best car company?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am an old school Chevy kid. My first car was actually a 1969 Chevy Cheyenne truck. I paid $500 for it (yes, many years ago) and I think it was the best vehicle I have ever owned. Solid as a rock is right but the gas mileage, not so good. I now have a 2001 Kia that has been a great car. It gets wonderfull gas mileage and I have had no problems with it at all. It doesn't have as much power as my old Chevy truck but the Kia has a nice kick to it that makes it really fun to drive. Kia's also have that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. So for me, older cars-Chevy and for the newer cars-Kia.

3. fallace

fallaceNew Member

Threads:
    BMW all the way, my uncle works as a foreman in one of BMW's shops so our family has always been heavily invested in the cars. The quality, and experience is unbeatable. They handle like no other car I've driven (aside from a high-end Mercedes SL500 of course).

4. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    For me BMW, Yes they are expensive but provides excellent engineering for the car, performance and function.

Next choice for me would be Nissan or Honda.

5. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Skoda or Opel. But maybe it's only because I've got only to do with those two for real. I've heard a lot of others but I've never had them so.. You know, experience wins:)

6. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Chevrolet! And I'm not just saying that because my husband works for a Chevy dealership ;). He has worked for a few different automobile companies, and Chevy has been the best (according to him). I am still driving a Ford Taurus (he worked for Ford when I bought it), and I don't love it.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Chevrolet! I think their design are cool and slicker compared to other car companies. Also they are cheaper compared to its closest competitor when it comes to style. :) That's just in my opinion.

8. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    Depends what you're looking for.

If you want handling then no bull I think the best make to go with is Mazda. Mazda handles and feels the road better than anything I have ever driven. Seriously, it'll make Chevy (or any GM product) feel like a disconnected piece of crap. They're also quite cheap for fixes in comparison to other foreign companies.

If you want cheap durability then go with Chevy. They're handling is average (generally people that claim they handle well haven't experienced other companies like Mazda or BMW) but they last and keep running FOREVER. Seriously, as the old saying goes "GM cars run bad longer than most cars run". Chevy may not be sub par in performance but you have to TRY to get it to stop working.

If you want luxury, go German. Currently I'm driving an Audi and I love it. The leather interior, the BOSE stereo system, I love it. And of course it's Audi so it handles well and it's reasonably quick. Not that Audi is the only good luxurious German company. If you see a good deal on a Mercedes or BMW and you want luxury, those fit the bill too.

9. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I just sold my Hyundai this morning. I was sad to see it go, but we needed a bigger car for our growing family. My husband also has an Elantra. He gets about 36-40 miles to the gallon, which is awesome. I bought mine used in 2005 for $8500 and sold it for $3000. Pretty good deal. We just went out tonight and signed the papers for a 2011 Toyota Rave 4 with third row seating. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple years...

10. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    Well Top Gear said that the best car company is Lancia it has won more World Rally championships than any other car manufacturer that is why I think Lancia is the best car maker.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a Mazda once and liked the way it handled, I am looking for a new car right now. My daughter just purchased a Hyundai and she likes it. The gas milage is great. I would like a SUV it may be a Kia or Hyundai.

12. Trandafin

TrandafinNew Member

Threads:
    From my point of view the best car company is Mercedes-Benz cars produced since they offer you everything a driver needs, from assisted electronic safety systems, boxes next generation speeds up Internet connections directly to the car. Best car produced by them in my opinion is the Mercedes-Benz S 65 AMG. This car combines luxury with sportiness and comfort so you can use morning when children have to go to school but on weekends on the track.

13. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I'm really in love with the BMW car company. Every single car made by BMW nowadays gives luxury and the adrenaline that you get from the speed another meaning. The germans are known in the whole world for their car companies and for the quality that they give them.

14. skyby7

skyby7New Member

Threads:
    Ford.

They have their own servicing, if you aren't able to maintain your car.
    All around quality vehicles, Especially those from the 2012/2011 line.

My father owns a 2008 Crown Victoria. He's always bought from ford and hasn't been deceived once.

15. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:
    I work with 2 guys that take automotive at our local college. They have both said a few things here and there about cars. They both consider "HONDA" to be the best company. I don't know much about cars but they both seem to agree that the Honda is the best of gas and lasts the longest.

I work with a lot of cars in a parking garage and all the hondas that come in look sweet. Some of them are 8+ years old and still look brand new.

16. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I'd say, the best car company is either Audi or Mercedes. They both have the engineering prowess of the German industry, precision and durability in every car they build.

I know their cars aren't exactly affordable, but at least you're sure you're buying quality. Besides having good construction standards, they've a wide range of models, from sports to every day cars, so there's always a chance to buy one even if someone can't afford the more powerful models.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like the Mercedes brand, because their designs appeal the most to me. However, I'm not really a car enthusiast so I couldn't really comment too much on the specs of it or how it performs. As a second option, for Asian brands of cars I would choose Honda. I think they are the best at making lower costing cars without coming off as cheap.

18. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    overall I am going to say a Kia is the best. We bought a Kia Sedona in 2000 and it is an excellent vechile. We have had no major problems with it whatsoever. And my parents also have the Kia Rio and they have had no problems with their car either. The only issue we have had is not with the car itself. But the dealership we bought the car from is 2 hrs. away. it was the nearest Kia dealer around. So when it is time for the cars check-ups or any minor issues it was hard to have to go all the way down there. But we really researched all kinds of cars and we decided on the Kia. We are not disappointed at all. I would always recomend any one of the Kias. A great car and a very reasonaly priced one to.

19. kareo000

kareo000New Member

Threads:
    Superb information...thanks

20. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Seat, mostly because there is a Seat car that is running on the family for longer than i lived, and it never required much maintenance