Best gift for kids 5 years old up? :)

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by almari_011 • Nov 14, 2012.

1. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    What's the best gift for kids ages 5 up? Christmas is coming soon and I still have no idea what to get for my little cousins? Preferably toys and not gadgets since I don't want them getting addicted with it. :)

2. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    Definitely Lego for boys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are big right now, so are DC and Marvel Superhero action figures.

For a girl, maybe a Furbie. I know my little pony is still popular, but I can't think of much else. Board games area always good.

3. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    If I'm unsure about what to get a child, I usually just walk right into Toys R Us and find something. Perhaps you can ask the parents what they like and then go from there. I found my little cousin a manicure kit and a fashion design kit there. If you are shopping for a boy, they have a lot of cool sporting goods you could take a look at. They also have a nice section of board games. I would have to agree with you about the electronics too, and it's pretty unsettling to me when I see very young children staring at screens all day.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I recommend buying them toys that are not that easy to break. Kids that age are still playing as if their toys are made of steel and they tend to always throw their toys. Stay away from action figures and lego models since these are easy to break.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably give my 6 year-old nephew new soccer shoes. I can see that the little boy is really interested in playing this sport that's why I came to this idea. MY suggestion to you guys is to observe children to what are they liking and find an item suited for that. They couldn't be any happier.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love legos and the new light-peg things are similar but glow in the dark, have some different suggested variations and seem to be pretty cool. In general, I love getting artsy things for kids. If they already really enjoy art this is easy and can be almost anything, if they aren't the typical art enthusiast, you can almost always find cool toys that will entice them anyway. This year I'm really loving the crayola airbursh marker for kids. It's seems like something I would even tinker with ;) and it's $20 at Target, for what you're getting that's a fabulous price.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! Legos are great! They are easy to use, great for the imagination, and they are fun for all ages. Boys AND girls love them!

8. Albertharris

AlbertharrisNew Member

Threads:
    In today, we are looking many types of toys product for different aged people. I think educational toys are useful to take a primary knowledge of the child. Education chalkboard place mat and stencil Pen Kits are best gift for a child. Children can get a lot of fun and enjoyment to play this nice educational toy.

9. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    I thing for 5 years old kids chocolates are the best. If you want to buy for Christmas then chocolates, cakes are the best desserts. & If you want to give other things for kids then toys are also best options.

10. sunshine31

sunshine31New Member

Threads:
    I am responding to an old thread, but Christmas will be here before we know it! As a mom of 3, the one suggestion I would make is to purchase something that doesn't have a million and a half pieces to it - consider that to be your gift to the child's parents! Our in-laws are always so generous, but we cringe every time they send something because we just know that half of the million pieces will disappear by day's end. Legos are really the only exception because they really are a great gift...maybe include a carrying case to go along with it?

11. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy my little Nieces and Nephews who are at that age Educational toys, you can get so many good fun toys these days that are fun to use but also help them learn. Whatever happened to Speak and Spell? I loved that toy and I can't get it in this country.