Best Non-Fluoride Toothpaste

Discussion in Product Reviews started by alfonso • Oct 16, 2013.

1. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    I recently learned about the harmful effects of fluoride on the human body and decided to start using a non fluoride toothpaste. I did some searching online but you wont find a lot of brands that are fluoride free. I'm new to non-fluoride toothpaste so if anyone knows any toothpaste brands that have no fluoride please post them here.

#1Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tom's and Jasons are the only two coming to mind. There are tons of small businesses that make tooth powders too though. You don't need suds to get clean. You don't need toothpaste of any kind as a matter of fact, you probably have enough at home to keep your teeth clean.

3. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    The Tom's of Maine toothpaste is really good! My daughter has used it for years. She likes the strawberry kids one the most! I personally stick to my normal colgate. The small amount of fluoride that is in them won't kill you. There is fluoride in the water we drink that we put there on purpose. Doctor's are now saying that you need at least some fluoride. They change their minds on that kind of stuff all the time. Personally if I've been doing it for years and I'm ok I don't see a reason in changing what I do.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I started using Glister's toothpaste and i got to say that it's the best toothpaste i ever got. It really works in terms of protecting your teeth against the general stuff and it helps with the process of getting your teeth white and shiny.

5. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:

this for me. I am a sucker for burst bees though,I swear I have every single of their favor for chap stick .Tried their skinny type of lipstick and I'd say I hate it, other than that the rests I enjoy.

6. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I know that Burt's Bees makes a good toothpaste. You can make your own toothpaste at home using baking soda. I think you can add some hydrogen peroxide in it too for some bubbling effects. Have you looked online for natural toothpaste recipes?

7. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    Yeah, I guess its a good brand, but as far as I know Glister does have some fluoride in it.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fluoride is not the only harmful ingredient found in your typical tube of toothpaste. Read the ingredients list and you will see many incomprehensible ingredients which the human body is not designed for. I would recommend using baking soda for toothpaste. It is cheap, it does the job and it doesn't contain any of these harmful ingredients.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    oops.. I see bolt just mentioned it too, but fluoride isn't the only ingredient that isn't good for your teeth in there. Not just for your teeth.. skin, gut etc. Colgate and crest and all others like it are awful brands. People mostly stick to them because the taste is easier to handle.. but that's just like the food industry. More sugar, more money..

10. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Some types of Tom's toothpaste still has fluoride in it, so you have to be careful and read the package. Don't just assume that because it's Tom's that it's fluoride free! The BEST fluoride free toothpaste that I have ever used is called Vita-Myr. It leaves my teeth cleaner and fresher feeling than anything I've ever used. It also has ingredients in it that inhibit cavities. I don't really know how to explain it, but if you already have a cavity starting, it will stop it from getting worse.

11. Inconsitency

InconsitencyNew Member

Threads:
    As I have sensitive teeth, I usually end up using Sensodyne. Since Sensodyne Classic is their only product that does not contain fluoride. I can't really seem to find stores that stock up on Sensodyne Classic anymore, so I'm currently using toothpaste that contains fluoride, as I am not too concerned with the health problems that arise from it(but I prefer to stay on the safe side). Not a lot of toothpaste brands produce non-fluoride toothpaste these days, and they are getting increasingly harder to find. I find it very difficult to find non-fluoride toothpaste in the country I'm currently living in, as there are only major brands, such as Colgate, Darlie, Sensodyne, etc. I can't seem to find any alternative to Sensodyne Classic, but as it works for me, I find it the best. It reduces the pain I experience from drinking cold water, while also not having fluoride. Fluoride has become a normal occurrence in toothpaste, as well as in the drinking water in America. All of Europe has taken steps to remove fluoride from their water, and attempt to reduce exposure to fluoride, while it is still somewhat prevalent in America.