Best way to save on buying a car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by bonniea • Sep 26, 2013.

1. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    I am looking for a used SUV. What is the best brand? And how is the best way to save money when buying a car. I want to get the best price possible.

2. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    When it comes to saving for a car, the best thing to do is to alot a certain portion of your income in buying a car.

It is also ideal to go with shorter amortizations than longer ones. Especially when it comes to used cars, it's almost like buying a brand new one if you choose longer amortization periods. (Might as well buy a brand new one then egh? )

When it comes to what brand is the best, it really depends on your taste. Some say that Hyundai (Tucson, the one that we see on The Walking Dead) is a good one. But don't take my word on that since I don't even own an SUV. Choose an SUV that is fuel-efficient. ;)

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Possibly you could try to buy your vehicle during a time when they are cheaper. Another way to save money is to research all your options. For instance, go to various used dealerships and look online. Finally, a good place to look are those magazines, some free, some paid, in which vehicles for sale are displayed.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to cars, it is always worth asking around and seeing if anyone that you know or have a connection to is looking to sell, because chances are it is more likely that you think, and there is where you can really get a good deal, at least potentially.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When buying a used car, what we do is to bring along a mechanic to help us check the car. Used cars are like people that have their own idiosyncrasy. A good mechanic can spot a hidden problem whether it is in the engine or partly mechanical. The mechanic can save you a lot of money especially if he is street smart who is well-versed with gimmicks of used car sellers.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    If you have a lot of friend or associates, it would be easy for you to spot an affordable used car. If you tell them that you are planning to buy a used car with a particular budget you have had, probably they will recommend you. Another one is browse through the newspaper ads. There are times that those used cars are being advertised and the price is negotiable.