Bidding Wars

Discussion in Facebook Offers started by postergirl • Mar 17, 2014.

1. postergirl

postergirlMember

Threads:
    This morning I was on facebook Bidding Wars and someone had posted $5000 worth of assorted grocery discount coupons for $100. The poster says none of them have an expiry date. Should I bid on these? This sounds like a great opportunity.

2. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    It does sound great. Too good to be true in fact. You should ask the person to scan some of them so that you can have a better idea of what they are offering, and also whether they will be useful for you.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    You should do a search for reviews related to the offer in order to make a reasoned decision. On the other hand, the deal sounds too good to be true and you should send them a message on whether there are guarantees and safeguards in place. The lack of an expiry date is to me, a red flag in relation to the juicy offer.

4. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:

Are the coupons shown on the site? This sounds too good to be true and more than likely it is. I coupon all the time and rarely do companies offer coupons without an expiration date. If I ever get one of those (which is rare) I get it straight from the company. I also believe that it’s illegal to actually sale coupons. I would be leery since there has been reports of people actually making coupons.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally wouldn't go for it, because like everyone says, it sounds too good to be true! I think Deeishere makes a good point, is that person even allowed to sell coupons?! Or would you find yourself left holding completely useless coupons and a $100 worse off?! Is it even worth the risk? I'd say no. Rather go direct to the source, lest you end up losing your hard earned money. better safe than sorry!!