Birthday Treats Besides Cake

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Jul 7, 2015.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @ohiotom.....I'm not huge on cake because I find it too sweet. I also think the icing could do with toning down quite a fair bit, because more often than not when I do eat cake, I leave it out because I find it sickly sweet. I prefer frosting over icing because it's fluffier and lighter. I'm also very particular about the sort of cake I like; I tend to prefer chocolate, black forest, black velvet over any other type.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some cakes are most definitely way too sweet, and I can hear my teeth screaming as I bit into them. I blame the icing. It can be very very sweet and way too think, and your teeth have to get through it, to get to the sponge part of the cake. Other than cake, one could buy many other treats. Jelly is a good choice, gateau's are another. Or just small treats that together amount to a feast.

3. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Fruit parfait, fruit tart, or fruit arrangement (like edible arrangements).

Chocolate fondue with various things to dip can make a fun dessert too - that way people who want fruit can have chocolate fruit and people who want cake can have chocolate dipped cake chunks or whatever.

If you want to go for drama value, something that you set on fire (example:

) can be a lot of fun and it's something most people don't get to indulge in often.