Board Games

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by xcmiller93x • Apr 30, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    What was your favorite board game as a child, and what is your favorite now?

When I was a kid, I loved candyland. Now I like the game Apples to Apples. It's so much fun!

2. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    ,i used to play chess when im a kid, actually until now :') but ran online rpg game is favorite now.

3. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I used to love playing "Monopoly".

There was also this other game which I am forgetting. It was similar to Monopoly, but I used to have a lot of fun with it as a kid.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have to go with Monopoly, too. I had a large family and this was always the game we played together. When my kids were in their teens, we got one called Dogopoly. It was based on Monoploy but used dogs instead. It was a lot of fun to play Dogopoly with my kids.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I liked Monopoly with one of my friends. She would spend the night and we'd play all night, and then a few weeks later, she'd stay over again and we'd pick up right back where we left off. We'd write down who had which properties, how many houses, total money, etc, so a single game might go on for months.

With family or other people, I liked playing Life. I'd play it by myself sometimes, too, haha.

6. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid, Snakes and Ladders was my favorite game when I was little.
    Now, I enjoy playing dominoes with my family (although not really a board game).
    Apples to Apples was a fun game. I played it once in 6th grade, haha.

7. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    When I was younger I loved Sorry. I used to play Sorry tournaments with my dad. We still laugh about that. I also loved to play Monopoly and Pay Day. I still like all of those games, but now that I am older Scrabble is my favorite.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite board game was checkers. Does that count? I love to play checkers. I also loved Chinese checkers. Some of my other favorites were Sorry and I think the name is Battleship.
    As an adult, I mostly play Backgammon. Monopoly is a family favorite, but I do play with them. My sister cheats at Monopoly. She is really cutthroat. :(

9. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I always liked Sorry and Clue. We enjoy Cranium now if we have a few people over.

10. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think I had just one favorite. I loved Candyland, shoots and ladders, operation, and so many more! I would play games with my grandmother every night before I would go to bed.

I do not really get to play board games anymore. urgently I am teaching my 5 year old how to play Checkers, and Candyland will be the next one she is introduced to. My personal favorite now is Scrabble.

11. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I loved board games growing up. My favorite board game growing up was chinese checkers. I also liked Sorry and Candy Land.

12. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid I really loved playing snakes and ladders! It is so fun and exciting. Now of coarse I find that game boring and I don;t play it anymore. I play more chess but of coarse I don't really have much time. Sometimes chess is a good exercise for the mind but when you have so much things in mind, you just can't play it.

13. tasoncool1997

tasoncool1997New Member

Threads:
    As a kid and a now I love to play monopoly with my family and friends when we have spare times.

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Monopoly was my favorite board game as a kid, but no one wanted to play with me because I cheat. Besides that I really like that game, and I try to play by the rules since I grew up. I could play that game for hours, and it kept my brothers and sisters quiet. Board games were cool until I discovered video games. That took fun to a whole new level.

15. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    As a kid, I loved Monopoly. I found it exciting and very fun. I never really did like Scrabble because it requires more effort. haha I left that with my smarter siblings.

16. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    My moms favorite was Monopoly. She wouldnt play with us kids but we could play for 3 days strait. Maybe I should get my kids a monopoly game

17. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I also loved Monopoly. It was exciting because you get to do so many things. I also liked snakes and ladders, but it can be boring after some time because it's just practically a race to finish game.

18. Albertharris

AlbertharrisNew Member

Threads:
    Board games are great kids product to play with our families. We are spend our quality time to each other for playing a board games. When I am free so I prefer to play board games with my families. In the rainy season I am long time play this nice games. Scrabble is my favourite board games and I am really crazy to play this game.

19. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I still love these timeless and classic board games: Chutes and Ladders, The Game of Life, Clue, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Nightmare, and many more... I loved them when I was younger and still play them today. We did own a D&D board game, but I never really got into it although I did love the little figurines that came in the box. I've seen the Apples to Apples game and read a little bit about how it's played. I'd like to give it a try one day. Sounds like fun!

20. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    My favorite board game is chinese checker. very funny.