Body Wash Instead Of Bar Soap

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by iamawriter • Aug 18, 2017.

1. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have used bar soap all this while but I have plans to switch over to body wash. I searched the net and found a lot of suppliers. I have ordered for a Lux body wash which comes with Loofa.
    Have you tried body wash? What is your experience?

#1Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I use body wash and bar soap. I like body wash because it is usually has more lather with it and it can feel like you are using something expensive and lavish when you really aren't. I like that it moisturizes more than bar soap too. I tend to use Olay or Dove body wash since they seem to moisturized better than some brands. I guess it is just whatever feels good on your skin and the scent that you prefer. Body wash does feel different on your skin after rinsing than bar soap which sometimes leaves you feeling stripped of moisture.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad then that I am now opting for body wash. I feel it will be more comfortable as well since the soap has the tendency to slip and lather formation takes longer. I am waiting eagerly for my ordered stuff . I ordered for Lux since it comes with a loofa. Once this is over I too would like to get the Olay body wash.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the Olay body washes. They have one that gives has extra moisturizing benefit so it is really nice in the colder months when my skin tends to be much drier. I am not one that really uses lotion so having the body wash with extra moisturizing power in it. I hope you are happy with the body wash when you try it.

5. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used both and both are okay. I mean, in terms of using them, I think the effect is just the same but if you can get some body wash for a lot cheaper, then you better stick with that. As for me, though both products are okay, I still stick to using bar soaps.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    All my life, I have been comfortable using soap to bath and soap is what majority of us in Africa use as well in taking our baths. Honestly, this is the first time I am coming across the word body wash which is to show that I have not fancied changing my style of taking my bath. Since you did your research and found it to be a good alternative to having our baths.

I will also check it out online and see if it is an alternative I can really adopt as well. Thank you for the tip!

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    We always have the tendency to remain in grooves. Getting out of the box to improve one's lifestyle sometimes costing less should be the way to go. I am learning and liking it too. It is a joy to find out new things that are not only comfortable but hopefully cheap too.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried a body wash before as I am pretty comfortable with using soaps. I heard that body wash is slightly cheaper compared to soaps and almost gives the same result as a regular soap. I might try in future. :)

9. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I have used a Khus body wash once from Aloe veda which I bought online with the Flipkart vouchers that I received from a survey site. I must say that it was very very good, much better than most bar soaps but I never bought a body wash again once I ran out of it. Probably because they are a bit expensive over soaps!

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I now mostly use the body wash especially that 3-in-one type which has body wash, shampoo, and conditioner in one. This combination I have found to be rather convenient, therefore, it's a better option than the bar soap for me.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    W
    Wow!! That sure is the best. This is the first time I read about something that is both suitable for hair and body. I will have to now wait till I finish what is with me and then look for a suitable brand that will suit me. I would prefer something aloe vera based.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well it smells better and feels better, but for whatever reason I still prefer the bar soap. I think it has to do with size and quantity and habit more than anything else though, and maybe I will make that switch soon.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    When I used it for the first time I used much too much as the lather was all over the place. Better sense has now prevailed and I know just a little of it provides enough lather to clean the whole body. You are right when you say habits die hard. I am in that list too but when the bar soap slipped from my hand far too many times and also the bag in which I place it gets too much soap which is just washed away I thought of changing.

14. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do use body wash occasionally. I especially find them great for evening soaks in a full bath after a very busy day. It is great for body relaxation. I still prefer soaps for everyday use though as this is cheaper than body wash and also handy for holding and all. Some people prefer body wash to soap though for various reasons.

15. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    You must be using body wash while having a tub bath. I use a shower. I have just started using body wash more because the soap slips from my hand and the pouch I use to hold it gets so soapy that to wash it becomes an ordeal. Body wash is actually cheaper as one needs only a few drops to form the lather.

16. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Now that I have started using body wash I see that only a few drops are enough for a one time bath and that surely would prove much cheaper than a bar soap. There are many brands and probably you could go for a cheaper brand but I am sure all brands will be of good quality.

17. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer soap bars than body wash. I am comfortable using soap because I what we use all the time. I got curious about bath soaps when my wife bought one. it was easy to use and if felt good at first especially when you're scrubbing but when I tried to rinse it off. It was a whole new story. Although that is how it should feel, I always have that slimy feeling when I use body wash. It felt like I haven't rinsed properly and my skin still has soap.

18. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I would like to say that bodywash is effective alternative to a bar soap.I use both body wash and bar soap.But I prefer the body wash as it moisturizes more.Only a few drops are enough to take one time bath.Body washes are slightly cheaper than soaps but give a same result as a bar soap.Some brands have introduce antibacterial body washes,which protect our skin for hours after bathing.

19. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using body wash since I was young and rarely used soap bar, as it seems to be more convenient. But in recent few years, I have read that there is some harmful ingredients (I don't remember what it is) in the body wash and it's recommended to use soap bar. Moreover, we also found that using soap bar is much less expensive, so we decided to switch to soap bar. If you have concern about the harmful chemicals, you can search online for it. Otherwise, I guess it's still fine to use it as I have been using it for years. :p

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I perfectly understand your predicament as it happened to me the first time I used body wash. I put too many drops on the loofa and the lofoa got lathered so much that the lather fell all over the place. I am wiser now and know how much to use.