Borrowing From Family vs Loans

Discussion in Loans started by DreekLass • Oct 17, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd much rather borrow from family. The daily grind of getting an extra job is not for me. It is too much hassle, especially when one can just get the money from family. But I suppose it depends upon what that family member is like. Some family members will think that they own you for that period of time that you have borrowed that money, and others will leave you to your own devices until it is time to pay them back.

2. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass , it truly does depend on the family member. Believe me, I've witnessed how some family members have treated others--that "own you" attitude, I've seen and I guess that's why I feel the way I feel. I would rather work before I ask those types for a dime, but I'll never turn down a gift. I'm so independent that many family members don't mind giving me cash.

3. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I would never recommend borrowing from family, unless you are one of those people who truly does not care what others think about them, which I believe there are very few of on all of Earth (I believe they are called sociopaths). If you own someone money, it weighs on the relationship no matter how much you don't talk about it, trust me. Unless you are certain that you can pay it back, like the next day, I would say it is a no no for me.

4. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Well family loans depends on your relationship with them. If I'm under a dire situation that could require a loan, I know I can count on my family as long as is not more than a few hundred or thousand dollars. But if I need ten of thousands, I'm afraid a bank loan is more likely to provide.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I completely understand. Luckily, my family are cool with stuff like this and I'm not a person who likes to ask for help. But I'm not stupid, and will if I need to. I may not like it, but I will do it. Friends can be just as bad. I have this friend who borrowed my other friend money, and expected the loanee to have a threesome with him and his girlfriend thereafter. Absolutely ridiculous. I feel like you don't truly know people until money is involved lol.