Bowflex

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by writer811 • Aug 21, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    A while back I saw many commercials on tv for the Bowflex exercise machine. I've been using one for awhile now and I have to say, I'm very satisfied with the results. My bowflex machine is now the only exercise machine I use. I highly recommend.

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly what sort of results have you seen from it? How are those results different from the ones you can get from a similar product?

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Glad you are getting good use out of yours. We bought one several years ago for my fiance but it wasn't getting used like it should so we sold it after awile. They are quite expensive and they do give good results if used as recommended.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    The price has constantly scared me away. Plus the cost of shipping the BowFlex is really high too.

So it's worth it? If you're going to use it of course....

5. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    The Bowflex will get you results if you use it regularly. I owned one of their pricier models four or five years back and from my experience you can get a great workout from it. Just making yourself set aside the time to use it is the difficult part. I've since sold mine before making an out of state relocation,and now I concentrate on body weight exercises. These have proven to be sufficient for me,and I save some time as I don't have to keep changing the cords on the Bowflex as I move from workout to workout.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wondered about this piece of equipment too. The Bowflex and the Total Gym. They both look great on television, but I wondered about the results. I would love to have a complete gym at home.

I am glad the Bowflex is working for you.

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to get my husband a bowflex. Problem is (besides the cost) we don't have a room to put it in. I was thinking about the garage, but it gets way too hot in there.

Glad you are liking your results.

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    There is never any doubt that the Bowflex doesn't work, but the main issue is the price point. I can buy something from Walmart and put together a nice little gym in my home for way less than that thing costs and still get the same benefits.

9. Spudfyre

SpudfyreNew Member

Threads:
    What I like about Bowflex is that is is light weight, compared to a weight set. As well, it does work great in keeping me in shape, when I use it...lol! The only compaint I have about Bowflex is that it's a little noisier compared to a free weight set.

10. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I like the Bowflew machine, but I do not own one. When I lived in Florida my bestfriend had a Bowflew machine and I used it regularly. It worked great and I saw results. I have another weight strengthening machine at my current home.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had the Total Gym for a while. Actually, they offer several different models of it, I ordered one of the more expensive ones (It was about $1500). It was a pain in the butt to work with. The device was pretty heavy, so it's not practical at all to fold away and slide under a bed or in your closet on a regular basis. Several times, parts of it slid out or fell over and crashed into my shins. It's also very long when fully assembled, so it takes up a lot of space in a room - not good for apartments. The wires themselves kept getting tangled up when assembling/disassembling as well as when trying to do the workouts. The workouts themselves were awkward to do, I'm only 5'11" and it seemed like I was either laying too far down the board and my feet were hitting the floor, or too high up and bumping my head on stuff. Not recommended at all.

12. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I would also be interested in what you mean by "seeing results". I must admit I am also tempted by the Bowflex but I can't justify the price without being almost certain it would work.

13. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    I would love to have a bowflex but it's way too expensive and I wouldn't have any room for it either. I know I'd use it though because when I lived with my ex he had some workout equipment and I used it pretty often until we broke up and I moved out.