Brita Water Filter

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Beast_Titan • Jun 12, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I spend hundreds of dollars regularly because I have to by distilled water because the irrigation in my area is really problematic and hard to trust. I usually end up with diarrhea whenever I drink tap water.

I saved a lot of money from buying bottled water when I started using Brita water filters. They come in different forms.

There is a jug:
    [​IMG]

A Faucet filter
    [​IMG]
    A pitcher
    [​IMG]
    and a water bottle:
    [​IMG]

I saved money because I don't need to buy bottled water anymore. Brita is one of the most trusted brands and I never had diarrhea from drinking water filtrated from their filters. It also saves the environment because I dont have a clutter of disposable bottles and galons.

Oh they are giving away coupons from their official site:

I own 2 pitchers at this moment.

2. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Cool, thanks for the link for the promo, @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan, and for showing all these different options.

I really need to get some sort of water filter. I haven't set aside the time to research, shop, and compare yet though. The Brita name has been around a long time though. I think I'll look further into this.

So, after subtracting the cost of a unit or pitcher and the cost of filters (and shipping, if any), how much money do you think you will save over a year? This is something that I have yet to figure out also.

It would certainly be nice to have the convenience of pure drinking water at home at the touch of a button. I would like to get rid of the bottles and jugs and avoid hauling the water inside (I can't actually carry gallon jugs, so I have to wait for help, which is also a pain).

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Bottled water costs an average family spents $3,114.67 a year from bottled or distilled water. It is hard to trust tap water so having a filter is really a game changer. Brita is one of the best brands in the market.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I remember when I got one of these when they first came out and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Sure enough fast forward one year and they were pretty much already obsolete.

5. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I just can't see the big deal regarding water filters, my city provides clean and quality water but i would assume it might be useful to other areas or regions.

6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I don't think we spend anywhere near that much, but the savings would probably still add up. Of course, we don't use bottled water for everything but filtered water, we probably would. I don't trust tap water much either, which is why I don't like to drink it.

@larryl332@larryl332 Why do you say it's obsolete? I don't understand.

@Zero@Zero Have you ever had your water tested? A lot of tap water really isn't very good, and in fact, some is quite dangerous. Ours seemed okay when we first moved here. Later I began to notice the odor of chlorine, which really put me off.

#6Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have two different filtration systems, actually, we have three, since we also have a water distillery. Most of the time, we just use the Brita filter for water that we use for making coffee or tea, and then we have a larger unit that has several filters in it and adds mineral back into the water. We pour the water that was filtered with the Brita pitcher into the larger filter, and that is what we use for actual drinking water. 'This filter removes any particles that the Brita filter didn't take out.
    We also have the distiller, for when we might need distilled water; but it takes several hours to make a gala on of distilled water; so we rarely use that one anymore.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have been wanting a filter for so long but they are too expensive. I can only imagine how much I would save as I have to fill up my water bottles almost daily. Too bad our tap water is not too safe here. Thank you for showing the different options I never thought of purchacing a water bottle version of filters.