Broadband Is Called Fair Share In South Africa

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by tasha • Dec 3, 2015.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    We have broadband here and it caps at the end of the month once you have used 70 gigs. There is a thing called fair share here and even if it says we have broadband you are not really going to get more than the cheapest one because of the fair share thing in the country. So when shopping for broadband make sure its not in South Africa. Do you have a problem in your country?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have rubbish offers in Botswana! We are on an unlimited broadband package, which works well for us. But generally speaking, the internet speed isn't that brilliant, even though we pay a premium rate. It's just frustrating, because some days it's good and we think oh, we must be on the up. Then it goes back to being rubbish again. It's the problem we're faced with here, and I just hope that we catch up to the rest of the world soon :(

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    YES it is a frustrating thing when everyone is online at the same time at home because you know that everything you doing will be slow. I wish we could be up to speed with the rest of the world.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe I know what you mean, @tasha! Luckily for me, there's just me and my husband at home. However, I start to really worry when I hear the rumbles of thunder and the crackling of lightening, because that sometimes means our internet goes!! I mean, how silly is that. This never happened when I lived in England. Granted, we get more intense thunder and lightening. But I bet we also have much lower quality infrastructure. It's just so backward and frustrating, I wish we could catch up like yesterday!