Buying A Used Car From A Private Seller

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Diane Lane • Aug 17, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There have been some scams in the news recently about people who have been scammed when purchasing vehicles from private sellers, particularly via online methods such as Craigslist, Facebook groups, and sales apps. These transactions can be dangerous, and it's important to protect not only yourself, but also your financial investment. Here's an

from AutoTrader, about ways to protect yourself when making such a transaction.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That could come in handy I am sure. I haven't tried to buy a car on Craigslist, from a private owner, but I know sometimes even traditional sellers or businesses will advertise on there. This is just one of the ways that they can get a lot of exposure for their business. I think that the method of the future for those who want to put their ads before the most numbers of people. However, it takes all kinds.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is one area where people do get stung and you have to ask all the questions, take an expert with you, and do your own checks on the person and the car. Is it worth the risk for the price? Sometimes it's not, but if it is local then you should be able to find out more about the history of the car and the seller.

4. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, first of all you have to be well experienced when it comes to cars, if you're willing to buy a used car you have to make sure it really it is in a good condition so you will not have to suffer a lot because of it, you should try to buy used cars from trustworthy people, you do not really want to be scammed or robbed after you drive away, I personally recommend you not to go alone at the moment of buying or taking a look at the car, it happens in my country, it happens everywhere, people have found many ways to scam and that's not an exception, good luck though.