Buying coupon inserts

Discussion in Make a Specific Deal/Coupon Request started by vagabondmom • Jun 28, 2012.

1. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking about stocking up on inserts from the last month or so just to have some on hand. Is it ever a good investment to buy full coupon inserts? If so what is a reasonable amount to pay? And reputable sources?

The Sunday papers here are $2.50 and I hope that I can get more coupons for the same money by buying online. It would be great if I could skip bringing home 3lbs of paper at a time too!

Thanks for any advice.

2. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    From my experience I would say no buying the whole thing usually isn't worth it. I buy one paper every Sunday and usually can find about 2 or 3 I will use for sure in each paper. It depends on what you buy though. If there is a coupon that I know I want more of I will go and buy if from a clipper service. I like

and have had great results with them. I would go with buying the coupons you KNOW you will use. I have in the past bought coupons and then not used them and felt like an idiot. :D If you do decide to buy the whole inserts often you don't really know what you are buying until you get it. So you might get a lot of coupons you want or just a few.

Oh and you can't really stockpile coupons much. They outdate way too quickly.

3. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Look on Ebay, I have found Sunday coupon inserts on there for about $1 or less before. I've never used TheCouponClippers.com but that sounds like it's worth checking out.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that they shouldn't cost much at all. Newspapers here cost $1.50 or maybe $1.75. Is there anybody that you know to swap coupons with? Maybe they want certain coupons that you don't use and they have coupons that you would like to use. Being they expire within a month or 2, I wouldn't stock up too much each month.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I spoke to the manager of a local grocery store, and every MOnday Morning he lets me take all the papers he didn't sell. So I get the inserts and throw away the rest for him. I usually end u with 10-15 extra inserts a week this way.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea, all the store does is takes off the headings and then ties them up to recycle them! All they usually need to not get billed for the extra papers is the heading.

7. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    My sister in law and I did this and it didn't end up paying off in the end. You really have to be devoted to doing this almost as a full time job in order for buying coupons to pay off. I definitely get coupons from anybody I can, such as my grandmother, my mother, and then my sister in law and I trade ones that we may not use. That way we are getting the benefit of having multiple coupons without having to pay for them. I also have some friends that have gone to local grocery stores and asked what they do with their old newspapers. Some of the stores will give them to them for free. If you have any friends that get the paper, ask them if you can have any that they don't want!