Buying Holiday Cookies Online?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by TheViper • Dec 6, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend wants me to go ahead and buy some holiday cookies online. I guess she wants them as a gift to send off to friends in other states. I don't even know if this a great idea or not but it is what she wants.

Would you guys buy holiday cookies online?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Cookies? Not really but I like to order cakes from the oldest bakery in Texas, Collins Street Bakery.

Check it out,

They also sale pies, candy, nuts, cheescake and... cookies!

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    No, I personally would not. I bake all my cookies myself. She could try baking a bunch of cookies and then put them all together in a gift basket and add in some things to make hot cocoa. If she wants to buy the cookies already made, has she considered going to her local bakery and picking some out, so that way she knows that they are fresh? That would be another option.

4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    This would be a great option if she knew how to bake. She has been trying to learn but there is much more practice needed!

There use to be a local bakery but they moved to another city. It was kinda sad because we use to go there every week to purchase some kind of pastry.

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it depends... If I can find the brands I like online, I would buy and send it. But again it has to be a brand I like. I'm picky. I like fresh, chewy cookies. A lot of boxed cookies, especially holiday cookies, are hard. At the same time, I understand your girlfriend. It's hard to send cookies as a Christmas gifts because not all of the usual brands have festive wrapping. And it takes time and patience to create a gift box and then mail it out. It's so much easier to buy Holiday cookies online.