Buying or Renting?

Discussion in Mortgage & House Payments started by anniep1978 • Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    @Teri Rose@Teri Rose, we have had a good experience with renting. There are so many more people renting nowadays, that there really is a market from rental homes. I was worried too, being out in a suburban area, but we have done alright. I was also worried about people the recking the place, but as time has past I am not so emotionally attached anymore, and I think your rent price will attract the right sort of person for your place. Yes the thought can be scary, but once you are underway with the process it isn't that bad and can even be rewarding. You just have to emotionally detach yourself an view it like a business decision.

2. Teri Rose

Teri RoseNew Member

Threads:

You are right about me being emotionally attached to my house which is causing all this stress and uncertainty. I never really thought about it that way until you said it and it's true. I just have to hope for the best. Thank you I appreciate hearing your experience with renting out your house.

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Just remember, buying a house is not always a blessing, or a "good" investment. If you are house poor, then you are not in a good position to buy. Falling behind on rent is a lot better than falling behind on a house payment. You can always find a cheaper place to rent, and then won't have to worry about paying back the difference on the loan if your house by the mortgage company. Plus all of the stress that is involved...

Just always take it slow, and never rush into anything. Slow and steady wins the race every time.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am for buying because even if we pay high interests after some years or even decades the house if ours and we can pass it on to our kids. Also, we can also rent it to make even more money, so it's the best deal for sure.