Buying Shoes For An Infant

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by dawnolsen • May 31, 2015.

1. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    There is no shortage of tiny little infant shoes to go with your precious baby's outfit. Whether it be warm weather or cool there are shoes for every season! But do you need to put shoes on your sweet little baby who isn't even sitting up yet much less walking? I have often seen these tiny infant shoes in retail stores and wondered how many people actually buy these little shoes. I find it rather pointless to buy these slightly expensive shoes for a child that does not need them. Socks suffice just fine in my household! Do you buy infant shoes? What do you think of expensive infant shoes? I cant bring myself to spend money on these shoes, at least not yet!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. There's absolutely no reason why one should buy expensive shoes for infants. Since they serve no purpose and won't be used for long [kids do grow pretty fast] I suppose it's better to buy one or two inexpensive pairs. In fact, just one inexpensive pair of shoes would do. Once the baby has outgrown the first pair, you can get a new pair. It would save some money.

3. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I think infant shoes are really cute however I will not spend a lot of money on them. They don't fit the child for very long and they don't actually serve a purpose other than just looking cute. For my daughter I didn't start buying her shoes until she started walking.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think it's usually necessary, no.

I can see getting some cute shoes for a special event or holiday gathering. It baffles me how some mothers buy several pairs of shoes for their babies every single month as they grow, though.

5. dmathon

dmathonNew Member

Threads:
    With my first I didn't buy any infant shoes, she was a summer baby so I enjoyed the view of her tiny feet. With my second he was a winter baby, I did buy shoes just because I couldn't resist the cuteness and they were on sale. But honestly, he has worn them for a whole 4 minutes tops he'll kick them off. Or I take them off because they get in the way. He just wears socks now if its chilly, save your money for later on when they are going to be going through sizes like crazy!