Buying Yesterday's Paper

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by remnant • Jul 27, 2017.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I find it cheap and cost effective to go to a restaurant and buy a cup
    of tea and read the paper no the tables instead of buying the day's
    paper which costs $0.6. I also used to purchase the previous day's
    paper which I would buy at a third of the price or less. Not bad
    considering that the news from yesterday are still fresh.

2. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    It would be good to read yesterday's paper if you would just buy a cup of tea or coffee. That would save me a lot if I just want to entertain myself with what's happening around me. But since I want to know what's happening as early as possible, it's either I check out what's new online or just buy the today's paper as early as possible. I know that for someone who checks what's happening in the stock market, relying on newspapers would be relying on late news even if it's fresh.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy the newspaper for the crossword puzzle that I do at bedtime. And for the daily news, I read the online version of the 3 major newspaper here for free. But I like the idea of having coffee in a fast food to read the daily for free. Some fastfood here gives newspaper for free if you buy breakfast.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know we can actually buy yesterday's newspapers. Here, I don't think they sell the old newspapers, as people would usually buy the day's paper. But I agree that it saves us money for reading the newspapers at some coffee shops or restaurants. There are still some old-styled restaurants here provide newspapers. My ex-company also has a few daily newspapers in the lounge for us to read.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Same here, I haven't seen anyone here selling yesterday's news paper. And I don't think people are used to of it. I still wonder why to read old news. It is okay if we are doing it just for time pass, I mean kind of reading stories and scoring cross word puzzles. That's it. Otherwise I will not spend money on yesterday's paper.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I always go to a barbing saloon nearby my place to read newspapers when I have the chance and feel like knowing what is happening both on the local and the international space. I don't have time to read newspapers most times as a result of the coming of the internet that makes reading news online as easy as anything as long as you can have access to the internet.

I don't think I buy newspaper nowadays for I pay a visit to the owner of the barbing salon each time I want to read news via newspapers and I must say it has saved me some cash as well.