Cable Tv Package

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Alexandoy • Jan 18, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cable tv providers here have offers of several package from the cheapest 299 pesos (about $5) to the expensive 1,500 pesos which contains all cable channels. When we had our cable connected, I made a study of what channels I really want. An overdose of channel is a waste of money since you cannot watch all those channels everyday. My analysis brought me to decide on the second package of 600 pesos which contains most of the channels I love to watch which also includes all the channels that my wife wants. That’s a pretty good bargain than getting all the channels, right?

2. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    In my country cable TV providers have the same packages. The cheapest is $3 and it only gives access to local channels and the most expensive has the highest has all the available channels. However, there those that give some of my favourite channels for free. They are called "Free to air. You only pay once and watch all the channels you want. They may have a limited list of channels to choose from but those available are enough for me. The best thing is I will never pay again unless it malfunctions.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would also go for the bundle with channels my family and I only love to watch just like yourself. I wouldn't want to pay more for channels we won't be able to watch anyway. Having too many channels will increase the cost but not the entertainment since it will be impossible to watch all the channels daily, they are just a waste of money.

4. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    We have a satellite cable connection. Prices differ depending on the packages. But, we have noticed that choosing and picking the channels is not cost effective in the long run.
    We are subscribed to a yearly package which provides all the HD channels. A few of them we never watch, but that seems like an optimal deal.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I have a complete cable TV package here at home (because the simple packages are very limited and with practically no interesting options), but I do care about the movie channels and series :cool:, the other channels (channels that by the way I don't really care) are for the rest of my family.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a subscriber of DTH service TataSky for more than 8 years but I have reduced the number of channels recently as My wife and I both do not find enough time to watch TV due to our various activities. So our package rates have come down considerably from $6 per month to $4 per month. And the best part of the deal is we miss nothing by reducing the number of channels as we were not watching them anyways.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We are subscribed to Cable Link and we only pay P550, the P50 is the fee for the 2nd tv, so if you only want 1 tv with cable connection, you only pay P500. I'm actually fairly satisfied with the channels, although some channels seem to have disappeared like True TV and HBO. But overall, I'm also pretty content with the channels in the basic package.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My previous post was regarding my use of TV in India but as I have shifted in a new location where Netflix works perfectly I pay AU$12 for 2 screens. I have not taken any other package so far as we do not need it as we both are too busy on our respective offline and online jobs. Besides Netflix provides us enough entertainment so we are saving enough money on other subscriptions like Foxtel etc.

9. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    While that does sound like a good deal you probably would want to read through the entire details through the contract as there are certain things that you may not know about. For instance you could be getting a good deal know but there could be premium fees that could charge you later on and would be really expensive. Also the connection could or maybe not be as well as so other cable channels due to its cheapness and the fact it is in Mexico Lastly the quality of the TV picture might also not be as well as it is from a foreign TV provider for very cheap. Not saying ti is a scam but there are some certain things you should watch out for with that kind of stuff.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If we wish to go for wider selection of channels especially as I am fond of watching live sports then Foxtel is perhaps the best option. The subscription charges depend on what you wish to watch which could be anything in the range of $100 upwards. The Foxtel is coming up with another facilty called Foxtel Now which provides you "As you go" based service which means they will charge you for what you watch.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really so cheap cable services! I live on Oahu and I have 3 cable extensions and it costs me 74.75! I got to get me a cheaper tv watching connection! It's so expensive compared what all of you are paying! I got to start looking right away to save money. Glad you got this posting for now I know I'm paying way too much for cable.

12. pritech

pritechNew Member

Threads:
    I finally had to cancel all cable services and use an over the air HD antenna. I still get football and news, and I find that don't waste afternoons watching sports talk shows anymore. :)

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have the cable bundle with TV, phone, and internet and it is expensive but unfortunately there is very few alternatives in my area. I wanted to just cut cable altogether since I don't use it that much but just having internet was nearly the same price as all three combined so I chose just to keep it. I hardly ever watch TV and my children only watch a few channels. One day I will get rid of it.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had Comcast for our cable and internet. The internet speed was great, and the cable service was just fine, too; but the problem was that comcast just keep raising the cost for the same service, so finally, we just discontinued using Comcast.
    We next forums a special on DIRECTV which came with AT&T internet, and we have had that about a year and a half, and we are definitely cancelling this once our 2-year contract is done with. Every time it storms (right when you want to watch the weather to see what is coming), the satellite goes out and you have no television service.
    The internet connection seems to just go in and out all of the time, regardless of the weather; so I do not recommend that part either. What we will probably do is just watch stations that come with our Apple TV, or on Netflix or Amazon Prime Movies, and drop all of the cable and satellite.
    I will watch for a good deal on internet connection, and then we only have to pay for that. Our 2 years will not be up until next spring, so we are stuck paying for this one for a while longer.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since we had a cable at home. We also have plenty of packages to choose from (internet and cable bundles) from our internet service provider at a very convenient price. Most deals range from $30-$50 a month depending on how many channels and connection's speed. Yes it's a great deal but we choose not to have cable at home although we love to watch movies simply because we can watch most (if not all) movies that we wish to by just streaming online.