Cable Tv With Internet Connection

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by Corzhens • Jul 22, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a choice here for internet connection between cable tv provider and phone line company. The cable tv offers a cheaper internet connection that will ride in the cable wire just like the phone line which also have internet riding in their phone cable. Upon considering to shift to the cable provider from the phone company, the phone company has offered a package that is slightly cheaper than the one being offered by the cable tv provider.

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Competition between the service providers is beneficial for the consumers. Healthy competition leads to better service/product, cheaper service/product.
    We also have cable internet service, provided by cable TV companies, here, however, I have never used it. I have always used internet from the telecommunication company, which is the cheapest in the country.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to have Comcast, which provided both the internet and the television. The main problem we had with comcast was that every few months, they would raise the cost of payiing for the same service.
    Then I would have to call them, spend an hour on the phone and they would find some sort of other promotion that they signed me up for, and then it would lower my bill for a few more months until that promotion wore off. Each time, they managed to make it just a little bit higher; so it eventually just got to the point where we cancelled Caomcast altogether.
    We now have AT&T and DirecTV, which is still expensive; but locked in for two years, so I do not have to fight with them every few months.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    It just comes down to what you think that you will use and which one will get you closer to that at the best price. I would just say carefully go over the options and be honest with yourself about what you watch and all of that. I know I did this and cut my cable completely, and the internet is all I need, which is a lot cheaper.

5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    We now have a wi-fi subscription that is separate from our cable subscription, and the connection is quite crappy, especially during peak hours. It came with the cellphone plan upgrade of my brother. I think the better connection will always be the "wired" ones or the DSL ones rather than the wi-fi ones. I noticed that the internet shops over here have way faster connection than our wi-fi connection.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed here where I live that it is more convenient to get separate services. According to what I have been told from bundle customers the internet tends to be too slow and cable doesn't come with enough channel options. There is only a slight difference in prices so I would prefer to pay a bit more for better services.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Well I have neighbours using cable TV with internet but personally I have not used that. I think it's a very good development as there will be competition between the telecom internet providers and this and a better service for the customers on the long run. In the meantime I use internet connection from the telecommunication company.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I was never tempted to drop my internet/landline package to cable/internet because I needed the landline more than the cable services. A few years back, cable companies offer only 1 GB of data per month. These days, they are trying to close in on the competition with offers for unlimited internet up to a maximum of 8 mbps speed. I'm not sure if they can actually deliver this speed though. I think that a wired internet is more reliable. Just recently, I read an online job ad where the client is looking for a home based virtual assistant with a wired internet of at least 5mbs speed. It specifically states that a WIFI is not allowed.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I could not bring myself to the see the point in paying for both so I have done without the cable for some time now. For the most part the internet covers me, but there are times when it would be nice, but not for around 100 dollars a month.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    We also have an option to choose between Cable TV with internet or separate cable TV and internet connection. Since the technology of Cable TV with internet is relatively new in my country, this service is costlier compared to getting separate cable TV and internet. I am using a DTH service, therefore, internet is not available for me through cable TV subscription, and I am using internet from internet service provider.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We use a cable connection (via satellite) in my home country although we have internet TV facility too but internet speed is not sufficient in smaller cities therefore people opt for local cable operators or satellite TV providers. I am in a different country right now where almost every phone connection provider offers a bundled offer which includes voice and data which can be used for watching Netflix etc. We have the option of watching free to air channels as well.