Can Anyone Recommend A Good Puzzle Game?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Flowerpower • Feb 8, 2016.

1. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I've just discovered some really good games that make you think, I've completed The Room and Six of the Cube Escape series and I'm looking for some good recommendations.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you go for hard thinking like crossword puzzle. My husband is playing with Word Academy. It a word game where you are given 9 squares with letters in a 3 by 3 fashion where you try to construct words. As you progress, the squares become 4 by 4 and then 5 by 5 and so on. What's good in this puzzle is that you exercise your brain and no dexterity needed since it is not a time pressure game.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Monument Valley is a good one and it made a lot of buzz when it first came out so I'm guessing many others would agree. It's not free, though, unfortunately, but I think it is worth the price. I think it costs about $4 but it is very unique and it really tests you. I haven't finished it myself so I think that you could play it for a long time.

4. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure that you've already played 2048, which is a puzzle game where you add up same-numbered square by swiping up, left, right, or down. The goal is to initially reach the sum 2048, hence the name. But you can still go on and add up more squares. I don't play it everyday but I always find myself playing it every time I need to kill a little time.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been playing Mahjong Journey and I really enjoy it. Right now I am waiting for them to put more levels in the game. I love word and puzzle games and am always looking for new ones. My problem is that I get bored with them fast so I don't want to pay for a game that I am going to quit playing after a fashion because I am bored with it.

6. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Oh this is my favorite game right now. My 15 yr old daughter loves it too. She actually was introduced to the game in her math class a few years ago and it's still a favorite of hers. I'm trying to keep myself from playing it everyday, but sometimes I just give in and get my fix.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    How about getting a good old fashioned puzzle to put together? You can get some thousand piece puzzles at Target or Walmart for cheap and they provide hours of fun.

8. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I recommend Hundreds, which is a tapping game in which you tap and create circles until the amount equals to 100. At first the game starts out simple, but then as you move along, you'll find obstacles such as ice and movements which make the game harder.

I'd also recommend Alphabear, which is a word-building game. Of course, there are obstacles as well, you'll have to download the game to find out what they are.

Good luck and have fun!

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Monument Valley is superb with stunning user interface. I recently downloaded it from the appstore since it was the 'free app of the week' offering from Apple, so i gave it a shot and I'm glad i did, it's very engrossing and challenging. I'm not sure though if it's it up for free but if it's not, i'd say it's totally worth it if you decide to purchase.

10. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tiny Thief is a pretty good puzzle game. You play the role of a thief who has a Robin Hood type of character. You must find ways to navigate through the levels and steal different things. The game is ingenious and you really have to think like a thief in order for you to be able to steal stuff. The graphics are pretty good as well. You should try it out. Besides, it's free.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well like @morgoodie@morgoodie mentioned, Mahjong is always a good choice for a puzzle game. I used to spend a lot of time playing that on my old computer, but since then I have kind of gotten away from it. I am going to have to try the ones that @Briannagodess@Briannagodess brought up because those certainly sound interesting, and something that is right up my alley. My favorite as of now is one called Flow Free, which is pretty addicting.

12. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I recommend the visual novel Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. The story follows Junpei, a college student who is abducted along with eight other people and forced to play the "Nonary Game," which puts its participants in a life-or-death situation, to escape from a sinking cruise liner. The gameplay alternates between two types of sections: Escape sections, where the player completes puzzles to advance further; and Novel sections, where the player reads the game's narrative and makes decisions that influence the story, making it branch into six different endings. The whole plot is not revealed in just one playthrough; the player has to reach the only "true" ending to get all the information. Is an enthralling plot with a beautiful twist at the end, I suggest to pick a ds and play it,play it, play it!!!.

13. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    There a lot of puzzle games across stores that are really good. If you are looking at something which helps you do some brain exercise you could try out SochGenie.
    Brain is the centre of all learning and experiences and cognitive skills are the core skills required to process the information. Cognitive skills like Memory, Logical Thinking, Attention Span, Learning Ability are critical to performing any task, simple or complex. Cognition requires multiple areas of the Brain to function simultaneously.

14. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I played this when I was in high school and it really is fun to play. But we do have a sand timer that we use when we play it, maybe because there were five of us playing and we were aiming for who gets the high score sort of game.

15. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I suggest playing the Vortex Point series by Carmel Games. It's a point-and-click series that requires you to click on objects and combine them with others to progress in the game. The cartoonish art is excellent and especially as you go through the more recent installments. It's a detective game where you solve mysteries. It seems cliche but it's very fun and it really gets your brain going.

16. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I am fond of playing online scrabble, word factory. This means I am eager to play more on word puzzles. I am not only playing them to solve the hidden words and to gain more points but to improve and increase my vocabulary. I know that in doing this I could boost my command of English words and other languages which I may encounter while playing.