Can You Live Life Without Tv?is It Possible?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by chared • Jan 7, 2018.

1. chared

charedNew Member

Threads:
    Its hard to imagine living a life with no TV.Is it possible to live that kind of life today?Personally,I can't imagine living life with no TV in my home.For me,TV has become part of basic necessities as it is part of those things which makes stay at home enjoyable.I love watching TV and I can't imagine a day passing by without me watching it.Sometimes I don't watch TV but that's when am too busy to find time for TV.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is possible! Provided we are determined enough and have something creative and more fulfilling to do in the time when we are not working. All we need is determination and will.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really liked watching television, and except for watching a movie every now and then , I do not watch it. My husband enjoys television, especially those talent sows like The Voice, so he usually watches some television every day. He also turns it on every time we eat, and turns it back off when he is done eating, even if it is the middle of a program; so I try to ignore the television when we eat. Who wants to get interested in a show and then miss the last 10 minutes when you find out what the ending is going to be ?
    Most of the time, we use our ipads and then we don’t even turn on the television, because my husband can watch all of the movies that he likes right on the ipad, or on the Dell XPS-18, which has a larger screen than the ipad has.
    I would definitely NOT have any problems living without a television in the house.

4. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    The question is not just to be channeled to having a television, I would consider extending it to owning electronic devices. Television is the least of the electronics that I simply cannot live without. It has become a part and parcel of my dear life, so much that any day I don't watch, it would feel as if my life is not a complete one. At this very moment, I'm still watching my television listening to a channel Trace Africa. They are playing African top 10 music.

5. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    This is possible. I am living without a television for a about a year now. I watch the news online, so basically I don't really need to buy a television because my television broke a year ago.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I can live without TV. I enjoy watching TV but it is something I can live without. I enjoy outdoor activities and I know talking with people will be a good distraction just in case I was addicted to TV.

If there was no TV at all , I will be satisfied with going to the cinema once in a while, going for adventure trips, sleeping and staying at home while spending time with loved ones.

7. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I can definitely live without TV, as I have removed the TV from our home for more than 5 years. As we decided not to let our kids watch TV since my eldest was born, so whenever he was around, we didn't turn on the TV. At last, we decided to remove it from our home, so it has become a no-TV home since then. Though some of my friends are wondering how we could live without TV, with young kids around and computer + Internet, and also other stuff needed to be taken care of, I already can't find much time to do what I really want to do, so living without TV is totally fine for me.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    For me TV is not a necessity. I can live without the TV. Before the coming of Internet, I was addicted to follow a series of TV shows and Sitcom. But now I seldom watch. Instead, I use the TV monitor watching digital movies of my favorite.

9. Martinsx

MartinsxActive Member

Threads:
    Haha you are still watching. I was thinking that you would probably quit watching television entirely and I could imagine how boring that could get for you :D, but as long as you are still using monitors to do so, it's still part of the game.

10. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I can definitely live without a TV. I haven't watched television in a long while because of my work schedule for the last three months. I used to catch the late evening newscast but even that wasn't possible. I don't miss TV when I'm busy and I've been so busy lately. My son and our house help watch TV though so I can't totally say that we can survive without it.

I think that TV as an inexpensive way to entertain people, specially those who are not tech-inclined. Our house help would have left us a long time ago if there was no TV in the house. I wouldn't have been able to work without her. My son has his favorite shows, too, and I don't want to deprive him of this simple pleasure. So yes, television is still important in my household.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me I can''t live without a tv in my home. I have a laptop, but I like my cable tv for it flashes about breaking news. When on the tv station will notify you of any emergencies you should be aware of in your neck of the woods, so I always have it on when I'm awake. The cable company I'm with is going digital in the near future, so they encouraged me to have digital right now. Though it's a pain to save electricity, when I turn off my cable box and tv, I do it to save money. Most everything electrical is off when I'm asleep except the refrigerator, and my wifi box is on. I love saving money where I can, so I turn off everything and unplug. I simply can't and won't live without tv and cable service. I love the programs they have on some oldie channels like METV!

12. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    When guests arrive our tv gets a holiday. I have reduced a lot watch tv ever since I got hooked on the posting online. I find this interaction far more absorbing than watching those episodes and serials. I do watch news though

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I probably could now that we have our computers but I don't think I would want to. I just love to lie in bed and watch my tv and although I could watch it on my laptop it's not quite the same and sometimes the connection is interrupted. It certainly wouldn't be the end of the world for me now especially as in the UK we have to pay a hefty licence fee for having a tv in the home. I'm not sure whether that is applicable to all countries.

14. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    Actually, I can live without television (T.V.) as long as I have my laptop with me and internet connection. The show on T.V. can also be seen on YouTube though it's a late upload at least if you missed the show on T.V. you still have the chance to see it through YouTube. Though right now I have a television with cable at home, I seldom watch T.V. because I'm busy with my online jobs. If I want to be updated with the local news, well that's the only time I watch T.V.

15. AmieBotella

AmieBotellaNew Member

Threads:
    These days, a week can pass by without me opening the television. I do most of my viewing in my computer. I am not that keen to watch movies in a 4K monitor or large screen. I can definitely live without one. But there was a time in my life that the TV never experienced resting. haha. This keeps me sane and babysat my kid every now and then when he was little.

16. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think with the invention of Internet, we do not rely on television that much nowadays. My dad used to spend more time reading books before we had the Satellite TV subscription at home as there were not much interesting shows showing on the free TV channels. After subscribing to the Satellite TV, he spent more time watching TV shows and news too. Now that he has an iPad, he actually spends more time with his iPad, though he still watches news on TV sometimes, but not that often anymore.

17. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Currently, I have no TV and am only using a radio to follow the news and documentaries:) i spend most of my time online and this is more than enough for me and I rarely see the need for a TV except to view the early evening news bulletin which I catch up with at a local cafe.

18. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about you guys, but about 90 % of stuff I see on TV consists of :
    - constant political shows, with the same old politicians shamelessly lying year after year
    - lame entertainment programs that are about as entertaining as watching paint dry
    - movies that I have already watched 100 times
    Needless to say, I could live without TV. I watch pretty much everything I want to watch on the net.

19. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Anything is possible, I think we can live without television or cell phones or the other technologies. The problem is that we are addicted by technology and this is a bit hard because everywhere you go is a TV, or a cell phone, a microwave, etc.

20. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    TV is a sourse of entertainment, information and knowledge. However, TV is not the only source of entertainment, information and knowledge. As long as you have a computer and internet, you don't need a TV. Internet can give you entertainment (watch youtube), information and knowledge.